American Express (USA) online shopping portal gone? (fka Bonus Points Mall)

Subscribe
So I went to http://www.membershiprewards.com/earn to see about getting some extra points on a purchase I was making and just got a message that I can earn 2x points on travel booked with Amex and 1x points on everything else.

Did they get rid of the Bonus Points Mall or am I missing something?
Quote: So I went to http://www.membershiprewards.com/earn to see about getting some extra points on a purchase I was making and just got a message that I can earn 2x points on travel booked with Amex and 1x points on everything else.

Did they get rid of the Bonus Points Mall or am I missing something?
So you missed the part that said before it,
"LOOKING FOR WAYS TO EARN POINTS?
We apologize for your inconvenience. The site is currently unavailable."
Quote: So you missed the part that said before it,
"LOOKING FOR WAYS TO EARN POINTS?
We apologize for your inconvenience. The site is currently unavailable."
Yep, thanks. You think they could have put that in a bigger font!
Quote: Yep, thanks. You think they could have put that in a bigger font!
You'd think
Bonus Points Mall
Thread on this was locked so...

During a call to amex today the rep informed me that amex is discontinuing the bonus points mall with no current plans to replace it. She did work in MR so I'd expect that she'd be informed on this, but can only hope she's wrong!
If Amex was discontinuing the points mall wouldn't there be more news on this in forums/blogs??? I really hope they aren't doing away with the points mall.......
I called in yesterday and the MR agent didn't know the web site was down. She put me on hold then a while later said yes it was down (duh!) but didn't know when it would be back up. She did NOT indicate it was being retired or discontinued. Thankfully I made a $1500 purchase last week just before it went down and should get 4x bonus points.
Amex bonus point mall
They just told me that they DISCONTINUED Amex bonus point mall.
Rip off now... FYI
Bonus points mall never worked for me, I was never able to log in. This was even before they had that toolbar thing, which I liked more. I wrote to CS and got like 2-3k MR points or something, so I'm not too upset ^
I have been using this for hotel stays at Marriott for over a year and got 4x points on each one. It was a big help but with it gone I will switch to other cards more frequently as their offers are better. Hate to see it go,
Crap

Had 3 grand of spg stays to book

Will get 3% back on ebtes I guess
The travel links were the first to disappear:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ping-mall.html
Interesting enough, the individual card pages still list the bonus mall as a feature:
"Get up to 10X points every day when you shop select retailers online at membershiprewards.com/earn"
Quote: Interesting enough, the individual card pages still list the bonus mall as a feature:
"Get up to 10X points every day when you shop select retailers online at membershiprewards.com/earn"
I sent a secure message to Amex Rewards and got this reply:

I am really sorry that the Bonus Points Mall web site is still not working and you are loosing on bonus points.

However, please do not worry, I would request you to make the charge directly at merchants physical store or online store (Apple, Tiger Direct, Home depot etc) and once the charge is posted to your account, write back to us with the charge details and we will issue the bonus points manually.

NOW I AM CONFUSED
Quote: I sent a secure message to Amex Rewards and got this reply:

I am really sorry that the Bonus Points Mall web site is still not working and you are loosing on bonus points.

However, please do not worry, I would request you to make the charge directly at merchants physical store or online store (Apple, Tiger Direct, Home depot etc) and once the charge is posted to your account, write back to us with the charge details and we will issue the bonus points manually.

NOW I AM CONFUSED
Maybe they're working on a system that would apply the bonus points to purchases made at the qualifying merchants online without having to use the portal.