Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express (USA) online shopping portal gone? (fka Bonus Points Mall)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express (USA) online shopping portal gone? (fka Bonus Points Mall)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
Hotels.com? That's a nice one. Could you check if the hotels.com purchase processed as Internet Purchase or as something else? Perhaps it's evidence that ALL travel is at 3x?

This really stacks up well for a quadruple dip if you add it to the x3 pts Ultimate Rewards, current 10% discount, and hotels.com's own Welcome Rewards program (which I value at 8% cashback equivalent).
I spent 1 hour and finally got the math right. Yes I can confirm that hotels.com is 3x! I use Topcashback (my link:http://www.topcashback.com/ref/guoguo914) to get 7% back plus this rebate plus its own Welcome Rewards.

Alternatively, HotelClub is 14% cashback on topcashback plus coupons plus its own rewards program.

In my recent bookings I found Priceline NYOP can't even beat those stackable deals (combined > 20% off).

Originally Posted by keirnna
Where do you get the 10% discount code?
there are multiple 10% off codes out there but they don't work on chains.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:56 am

Where do you get the 10% discount code?
As guoguo stated, there are quite a few going around. Most of the time I can http://evreward.com/store/go/3440 (a generally useful site to know about).
Old May 26, 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by guoguo914
I spent 1 hour and finally got the math right. Yes I can confirm that hotels.com is 3x! I use Topcashback (my link:http://www.topcashback.com/ref/guoguo914) to get 7% back plus this rebate plus its own Welcome Rewards.

Alternatively, HotelClub is 14% cashback on topcashback plus coupons plus its own rewards program.

In my recent bookings I found Priceline NYOP can't even beat those stackable deals (combined > 20% off).

there are multiple 10% off codes out there but they don't work on chains.
hotels.com is offering 8.5% cashback on topcashback!

and from my own experience, using the rebate promo code your stay will still count towards welcome rewards free night.

that's maybe the best deal out there in the market if you don't care about spg, ihg, hh etc points.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Yesterday I upgraded to Plat and was told I could use Bonus Points Mall. I asked whether they were bringing it back and was told yes... but I kind of wonder whether this particular CSR was up to snuff...
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:22 pm

PRG when paying Disney trip bonus ?

Greetings. Has anyone used their PRG recently to pay for a Disney trip online? Was wondering if anyone received 3x as some have reported for online purchases (I had a cabela's online order post as 3x recently)?
Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:14 am

On the "all travel" front I have gotten 3X from Hotwire and Coach USA (for Megabus tickets).
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:28 am

For those that didn't catch it, the 3x bonuses were recently reported by The Points Guy.

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/06/best...-rewards-gold/

However, on checking my last statement it looks like they're over. Nice while it lasted. Unless something else comes along to replace the shopping portal, I doubt I'll keep the card next year.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:07 am

For those that didn't catch it, the 3x bonuses were recently reported by The Points Guy.

However, on checking my last statement it looks like they're over. Nice while it lasted. Unless something else comes along to replace the shopping portal, I doubt I'll keep the card next year.
When did your statement close? My Recent statement still had the 3x earning.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:05 pm

More info on that statement closing date, because if the 3x is gone I won't be using this card for Amazon Payments in July...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold

So thanks again TPG?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by lakers6902
So thanks again TPG?
No. He just missed the boat, rather than sinking it.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:02 pm

More info on that statement closing date, because if the 3x is gone I won't be using this card for Amazon Payments in July...
I looked my MR statement relating to spend statement closing May 17th. Only one item out of 3 (a local electricity bill which always registers as Internet Purchase, but not ebags.com or hulu.com) received the 3x bonus, and it was an early purchase (April 28th).

I then checked how many points I earned for the statement closing June 16th (MR points are pending), and compared it with spending in various categories. The previous two months I had been able to estimate the points by assuming that Internet Purchases were at 3x. It appears that I received NO 3x bonuses, despite four purchases (hulu.com, oasisdategarden, amazon prime subscription and an amazon marketplace order) under Internet Purchase. The last of these is in a category that has always received the 3x bonus before.

In summary, I suspect Amex closed the 3x earning bonus around May 1st.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:15 pm

I looked my MR statement relating to spend statement closing May 17th. Only one item out of 3 (a local electricity bill which always registers as Internet Purchase, but not ebags.com or hulu.com) received the 3x bonus, and it was an early purchase (April 28th).

I then checked how many points I earned for the statement closing June 16th (MR points are pending), and compared it with spending in various categories. The previous two months I had been able to estimate the points by assuming that Internet Purchases were at 3x. It appears that I received NO 3x bonuses, despite four purchases (hulu.com, oasisdategarden, amazon prime subscription and an amazon marketplace order) under Internet Purchase. The last of these is in a category that has always received the 3x bonus before.

In summary, I suspect Amex closed the 3x earning bonus around May 1st.
My statement closed June 10th. I can confirm that I earned 3x on $5,000 of Amazon Payments for May and it looks like for June too, but I had a lot of other 3x purchases like airfare so I am not 100%.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:24 pm

My statement closed June 10th. I can confirm that I earned 3x on $5,000 of Amazon Payments for May and it looks like for June too, but I had a lot of other 3x purchases like airfare so I am not 100%.
Interesting. I look forward to hearing more from people with recent statements.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:38 pm

The weirdest thing: I just (on Jun 30th) received a points adjustment of 5,894 to my Amex account for, as far as I can tell, no reason. Did anyone else receive similar? Not that I'm complaining, but I do like to know why these things happen, in case I can reproduce them!

I guess this is consistent with my "keep people engaged" theory of their 3x bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.