Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
You need an accountant and a tax attorney!

If you rely on Internet advice you're going to get you and your business in trouble.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by bluto
My SM result seems to now support what mromero07 has been saying. If I am reading the below correctly then this means you're ok if you applied over 12 months ago. Anybody else have a data point?
Husband applied today and got instant approval - very happy .

I am going to send an SM to them as well about applying for myself/business again since my account is well over 12 months old and if I get the same response as bluto I am inclined to apply again. We do have real business expenses that we normally put on our SPG card so, there is no issue meeting the spend on 2 cards for us. Will post back when response is received.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just applied, application status is Pending.
Does anyone know what the # is for the reconsideration line?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:13 pm

Tried to apply for DH twice and their system is down. It lets me get all the way through and then says they are having issues to try later. Anyone else have this problem?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
FYI, for those who have a Gold Card that they applied for more than 12 months ago and would like to participate in this current promo, I got my answer today from my Dad. He has a Gold Card for his business for a couple of years already. In March he received an offer to apply for a Gold Card and earn 10k bonus points after $1500 of spend. I don't know why he jumped on it (I hate to say this on my dad, but it was a stupid move - IMO - because now he his excluded from this current offer which is WAY better and he would have no problem meeting the spend), but he did and he applied using the exact same info as on his first card - same business name, Federal tax ID, personal name, and SS#. He got approved instantly, spent $1500 within the first month or two and the 10k bonus points have already posted to his account and both cards are linked to the same MR account.

I will not say this is a definite, but I'm pretty confident that for those people who already have a Gold Card and applied more than 12 months ago, you can keep that card open and apply again through this offer and still be eligible for the 75k points. This is also based on the responses other FT members have received from Amex which are along the same line. I for one am going to give it a shot.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I had been planning to take a few months off from applications (have done just 2 this year) but have been looking for some Amex points, so this was very tempting. Just applied online and got instant approval. Now, gotta start using that card for everything for the next 4 months...a dive trip to Hawaii in September should help.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:43 am

Anyone combining this application with a personal one at the same time? Or is there little reason to do so? (e.g. for some offers it seems that if you don't do business and personal apps simultaneously it won't give you the second one.)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
I did my SPG and Mercedes Benz Platinum apps at the same time
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:06 am

Help! -- is it too late?

I waited til today to apply - and when I follow the link it says:

"Thank you for your interest in the Business Gold Rewards Card® From American Express OPEN. We apologize that the offer you are looking for is not available at this time. Below is the current offer."

The "current offer" doesn't say what the bonus is, however, the language at the bottom says something about applying by June 24, 2012. I called to ask if it's still available and she was more than happy to give me the offer if I applied over the phone, but she wouldn't send me a link.

Anybody have a better link?

If not ... I guess I'll apply for the Chase Ink Business instead. I couldn't do both because of the high spends. If I apply for Ink can I also apply for two personal Chase cards?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Try these links:

http://cc.ebay.com/americanexpress-LTO

http://www.amazon.com/Business-Gold-.../dp/B007Y7FT3A
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 am

Awesome - thanks MIA. Both links seemed to work although neither would accept his existing account numbers/security codes for his two co-branded AMEX cards, so he had to fill out the complete app. Also could not get instant approval, so sitting on pins and needles...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by GoGreen
...neither would accept his existing account numbers/security codes for his two co-branded AMEX cards...
Do you mean cards issued by American Express for Delta, Hilton, JetBlue, Mercedes, Starwood? It cannot work for Amex-network cards issued by other banks because his account is with the bank, not American Express.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GoGreen
Awesome - thanks MIA. Both links seemed to work although neither would accept his existing account numbers/security codes for his two co-branded AMEX cards, so he had to fill out the complete app. Also could not get instant approval, so sitting on pins and needles...
You shouldn't be sitting on pins and needles. You should call the reconsideration line now and explain why you want to and think you should be approved. I did that for both my SPG and MB Platinum, and in the latter instance it turned that that although my application was still being considered at the time, the CSR was able to manually approve it. The SPG was already approved by the time I called.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
I just applied at the last minute and got instant approval, I had applied for a card 12 months ago so lloks like i did not have to cancel the old card.
Now have tospend 10k in 4 months
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
interesting finding. since when ebay and amazon have begun to sell credit card application links?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.