Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA,AA, US Air,Delta, Southwest
I canceled my personal gold back at March; and last month I tried to apply for the SPG personal and business at the same time. The personal got approved but the business one got rejected.

Do you think I should try to apply for this one, or I would pretty much got rejected? I do have a big purchase coming up in a month to fulfill the spending requirement.

Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
How do you fill out the form when they request for business name, address, etc?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Hope this ignites a CC bonus war.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by r.brown
... Their wording specifically says "Platinum Card®" so I take that as they are specifically referring to their charge card which goes by that name.
Agree.

Originally Posted by deskdxl
... the business one got rejected.
What was the stated reason for the rejection?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I already have a Gold card on our business name and Federal tax ID and gave my social on the application, so I believe that I would not be able to apply again on my business name.

My question is, can I apply on my business name again using my husband's social and still qualify for the bonus points? Or, should I just have my husband apply as a sole proprietor using his social as both the business and personal ID?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man I would love this offer..if I could make the spending..
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:51 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I got in the mail yesterday a business Platinum card offer with similar spend requirement (10k) but 100k rewards bonus. Contemplating if I can actually get there on spend. I could do it if I charge my quarterly tax payments but those come with a hefty service charge so not sure it's worth pursuing.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
Can anyone tell me why this is such a good deal? Is the 75k good? Or cuz it's AMEX?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:26 pm
xp0

75k is good and lately Amex hasnt had anything great, mainly just chase.

10k spend is a bit rough, especially if you are doing it twice (you+spouse)
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:35 pm

Hmm. Does anyone have any experience with switching pending applications to a different card with Amex? Yesterday, I applied for both the SPG Personal and Business cards. The business one is pending because they said they can't do both the same day, and to call back in 5 days. I'm wondering if I can switch that application to this offer instead. If I end up transferring to SPG points, it's the same size bonus, but the points are more flexible. That SPG offer is more likely to still be there when I'm ready for another round of apps. Anyone ever done anything like this?

(Got wedding expenses coming up, so minimum spend won't be a problem.)
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:47 pm

This is a smoking offer - If I can justify the 10k spend - I am in.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:59 pm

So not just applying here but does anyone know if the 1-year-bonus-limit applies to the time when you signed up or to the time when you close it?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA,AA, US Air,Delta, Southwest
They said my risk score is too high.

There are several reasons listed

Short period of time been a customer with Amex (I had a personal gold last May, but cancel it at April)

Too many recent credit checks (1 last Dec. , 1 Jan., 2 April, 2 May. All are personal card except the Ink Bold applied at May)

Insufficient time in business (I fill that in my business is 1 year's old)

Revolving bank trad credit limit is too low (Experian) (I don't really know what that mean)

My FICO score is 729

Originally Posted by mia
Agree.

What was the stated reason for the rejection?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mindbowels
So not just applying here but does anyone know if the 1-year-bonus-limit applies to the time when you signed up or to the time when you close it?

Thanks!
I spoke to them on the phone today. The one year bonus is from the time you were approved and received the card you already have. I have this same problem, but in reverse. I received the Platinum 100,000 offer yesterday and since I already have this Gold Amex Business card (I've had it since November 2011) I have to wait until then to be able to qualify.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:35 pm

I just applied for this 75k offer and then immediately after applied for a targeted 50k personal premier rewards gold card and I was instantly approved for both! Hopefully this will only show up as one pull on my credit report. 125k points heading my way!

Thanks OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.