Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unable to Link Priority Club and Membership Rewards Accounts

Old May 22, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Wanted to transfer some Membership Rewards points to Priority Club today. I did not already have a Priority Club account, so I went to the PC website, signed up for an account, then went to the MR website to try and link them. (I have linked several airline and hotel accounts to my MR account in the past with no problem.)

When I enter my PC account number and name, MR website keeps giving me the following error message: "Partner Program Number entered is invalid."

Any ideas? Tried calling Amex, the rep said he has heard of other instances of this problem happening over the last two months, it seems to be a glitch, there's nothing he can do. Can't transfer points manually since I haven't transferred MR points to PC in the past.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:54 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Almost certainly related to the end of the relationship between Membership Rewards and Priority Club:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...6-30-12-a.html

I would call again, see if a different representative knows how to do it, then work your way up the chain.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, mia. I called back and got a very good rep who was unfortunately still not able to help me. She tried a number of different routes and spent quite a while on the line with Priority Club, but to no avail. She said she'd alerted her supervisor and they would "work on it." I've tried everything I can think of, including opening a new PC account directly through the MR website, but nothing seems to work.

The unfortunate thing is that with the partnership ending in about 5 weeks, it seems unlikely to me that they will make much effort to get this "glitch" fixed. I'd been watching the Priority Club Pointsbreak list for a couple of weeks in anticipation of a trip I've got this summer, and was excited to see several properties on the new list today that I wanted to redeem for. In the past linking MR and hotel/air programs has always been instant for me, so I wasn't expecting any issues.

The rep was nice and gave me 2,000 MR points by way of apologizing, but what good are those points if I can't use them?
Old May 24, 2012, 11:58 am

Unable to link to new Priority Club account from Amex MR

I just set up a new Priority Club account yesterday and have been trying to link it up to my AMEX MR account to transfer some points. However, the MR site keeps telling me "Partner Program Number entered is invalid."

I've called both Amex and PC to try to sort it out, but both are saying my accounts look ok and I should contact the other company.

Does anyone know if I need to wait 24 hours or something before attempting to link the accounts? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I was able to transfer points to my BA account instantly.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:37 pm

jimindc, I'm having the same problem. I created my PC account yesterday and still can't link to it today. Amex rep I called was not very helpful.

Did you get any farther?
Old May 24, 2012, 5:43 pm
Suspended

it is possible that the PC acct info has not yet propagated to whatever database the amex system looks at. if you can, give it a few days and see what happens. maybe they do weekly batches? just thinking out loud here.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gl331
jimindc, I'm having the same problem. I created my PC account yesterday and still can't link to it today. Amex rep I called was not very helpful.

Did you get any farther?
Unfortunately I still haven't gotten any resolution and have pretty much given up, at least for the moment. I've tried to link my accounts several times over the last couple of days via the website, but to no avail. Tried sending Amex a couple secure messages but keep getting the same response that my number is invalid (which it isnt!). Since I wanted to make a booking before all the Pointbreak rooms were gone, I broke down and bought 5K Priority Club points via Points.com ($67.50), then "bought" some more PC points using the Cash & Points method.

I'm pretty annoyed with Amex over this. It's bad enough that they're losing PC as a transfer partner, but when they announce that you can transfer points through June 30, they should stick to that. And if this is a known glitch, they should post that information online so that people don't make plans under the assumption that they can transfer points from Amex to Priority Club, as is advertised. Amex points are now that much less valuable to me, since I can't be sure if I'll be able to transfer points when I need to, even after wasting several hours of my time trying to do so, waiting on hold, etc.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Exclamation

This has been going on for at least 6 weeks and is almost certainly a problem on Priority Club's end. After giving up on trying to have my MR points transferred to PC, I simply tried to transfer UR points instead and it took two+ weeks to go through including a couple of days where neither Chase nor PC knew where my points were. PC customer support is hopeless anyway, but escalation with Chase eventually saw me receive my points. Bear in mind UR transfers to other programs are also instant, just like MR.

Needless to mention, I'm not doing any transfers to PC in the near future. Has *anyone* made transfers to PC recently and not faced trouble?
Old May 27, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by jimindc
Since I wanted to make a booking before all the Pointbreak rooms were gone, I broke down and bought 5K Priority Club points via Points.com ($67.50), then "bought" some more PC points using the Cash & Points method.
Have you received your points from Points.com purchase yet?
Old May 27, 2012, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Have you received your points from Points.com purchase yet?
Yes, but it did take about 36 hours for them to post.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:09 pm

Now that MR is gone with PC, anyone find a way to transfer MR pts to Priority club through another airline or hotel?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:27 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Membership Rewards to Virgin Atlantic to Priority Club

Flying Club members can exchange their miles for Priority Club Rewards points which can be redeemed for Priority Club Rewards such as free hotel nights, gift vouchers, merchandise and flights.

Exchange miles at a rate: 1 Flying Club mile for 1 Priority Club Rewards point

Minimum Level: 10,000 miles and then in increments of 5,000. Just call your Flying Club Helpline with your Priority Club Rewards account number.

*Please note your name on your Flying Club membership account must match exactly with the name on your Priority Club Rewards account for a successful transfer. Your transfer will take up to 30 days and a booking cannot be made until the transfer is complete
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:33 pm

@Mia, thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Now that MR is gone with PC, anyone find a way to transfer MR pts to Priority club through another airline or hotel?
Unless you are flush with MRs, you'd be better off using the "cash and points" method to buy priority club points at $70 for 10k. You'll need 5k Priority Club points to start with,have a look on the IHG forum for details.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ub-hotels.html

I'd certainly value 10k MRs at a lot more than $70
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
Unless you are flush with MRs, you'd be better off using the "cash and points" method to buy priority club points at $70 for 10k. You'll need 5k Priority Club points to start with,have a look on the IHG forum for details.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ub-hotels.html

I'd certainly value 10k MRs at a lot more than $70
I've heard people get shutdown by PC for doing this "trick". I'm basically booking and cancelling, right? I can probably get away with it once, how about doing it 2-5 times? Seems risky...

I want to use MRs for hotels, I don't know the best deal, certainly not xferring them to Starwood!

The other option i was thinking of doing was xferring to Virgin Flying Club then to Hilton at 1:2. But i think i like PC redemptions more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.