AMEX FHR rate for FS Macau

Old May 17, 2012, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold
AMEX FHR rate for FS Macau

I'm going to be in Macau (or is it Macao?) in late June and wanted to stay at the FS there. On the FS website I find a Deluxe room for USD$295, but the FHR program quotes me USD$887 for the same room. Are the FHR amenities for this property really worth the almost $600 differential?
Old May 17, 2012, 6:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'm going to be in Macau (or is it Macao?) in late June and wanted to stay at the FS there. On the FS website I find a Deluxe room for USD$295, but the FHR program quotes me USD$887 for the same room. Are the FHR amenities for this property really worth the almost $600 differential?
Not justified.

FHR Hong Kong usually matches the price shown on the hotel's website (rack rates). US$887 is definitely too much for FS Macau - did u try a different CTS agent?
Old May 17, 2012, 9:34 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Suggest you look into the Four Seasons Preferred Partner program over FHR.... unless you live and die by late check out. The perks are pretty much tied to every FS rate, including stay more and experience more packages that tend to be hit or miss with FHR
Old May 17, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
On the FS website I find a Deluxe room for USD$295, but the FHR program quotes me USD$887 for the same room.
That sounds like a complete rip-off to me, but I find it hard to believe. The FHR rates are rarely a bargain, the benefits are often questionable, and so I often don't bother with them. However, I've never found them to be 300% higher than booking online through the hotel, which seems absurd.

If you're sure about the numbers you should let AMEX know, because this is a positive disincentive to book through FHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.