Amex and fraudulent charges - Help

Old May 16, 2012, 4:16 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Thanks for the update

Originally Posted by jason8612
To update:
Yesterday evening my father received a phone call from a Amex exec. They received the letter and the enclosed proof that he was nowhere near Beverly Hills. He apologized a bunch to my father and they approved the dispute and will send out a new bill (corrected).

Thanks for all your help!
Really great news
Old May 17, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Forget about filing a local police report. This fraud was perpetrated over state lines and the local police won't investigate it.
Not always true. Recently, I had a bunch of attempted unauthorized charges on my AmEx. Most were blocked by AmEx or the vendors, as the shipping destination wasn't in my state, nor was it a familiar address. I filed a report with my local PD, who did contact the vendors to track down the destination shipping address. They worked with the PD in that jurisdiction, quickly tracking everything to an abandoned apartment where goods were being amassed for truck transport to Mexico.

The local PD also suggested filing a report with the FBI...although not actionable, feds as well as local PD use this database to try to create correlations:

http://www.ic3.gov
Old May 17, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Often1
Writing snarky letters to executives is a waste of time, effort & money. They all get routed to the same place. OP's father's problem is that he's got a business, not a consumer card, so he's got none of the protections.
Snarky letters might not get you anywhere but letters to executives often get results, proof provided by the OP. My wife works for a fortune 500 company and handled disgruntled emails addressed to the CEO. She had a lot of latitude in resolving problems, much more so than if they were sent to someone else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.