Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold

Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
for some reason, Hertz.com will no longer retain the AMEX PLAT CDP code as a pre-loaded option in my profile, so I need to go fishing for this code each time I want to make a reservation:

When you use CDP# 211762 to enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® and when making a vehicle reservation, you will receive these benefits:
Fee-waived membership in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® - a $60/year value
Expedited service at over 40 of the world's largest airports (no stopping at the counters)
Up to 20% off best contract rate at participating Hertz locations worldwide2
Up to 25% off best contract rate on Hertz Prestige Collection weekend rentals3
A 4-hour no-charge grace period, before an extra day charge is applied4
10% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®
A One-car-class upgrade5
Ability to earn airline miles or free car rental days
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 4aks
for some reason, Hertz.com will no longer retain the AMEX PLAT CDP code as a pre-loaded option in my profile, so I need to go fishing for this code each time I want to make a reservation:

When you use CDP# 211762 to enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® and when making a vehicle reservation, you will receive these benefits:
Fee-waived membership in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® - a $60/year value
Expedited service at over 40 of the world's largest airports (no stopping at the counters)
Up to 20% off best contract rate at participating Hertz locations worldwide2
Up to 25% off best contract rate on Hertz Prestige Collection weekend rentals3
A 4-hour no-charge grace period, before an extra day charge is applied4
10% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®
A One-car-class upgrade5
Ability to earn airline miles or free car rental days
Has anyone in the UK managed to get cashback using CDP 211762/603306? Topcashback say not payable on contract rates.

Last edited by pete62; Dec 4, 2013 at 9:34 am
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Per the current benefits, had my Hertz #1 Club Gold membership upgraded to "Gold Plus Rewards Five Star" based on having an AmEx Platinum.
Took a number of phone calls and emails to have done - AmEx referred me to Hertz, who eventually made the change after I finally go to speak to the Gold Membership desk. They denied that this was a benefit of the Canadian Platinum AmEx, but a screenshot of the benefit page fixed that problem.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe I missed something but I couldn't find it in the Hertz forum.

I used to get #1 Club Gold as a benefit of the UK Platinum Card. Now this seems to have changed to Gold Plus Rewards something or other. Is this just a name change or is here something bigger going on?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Maybe I missed something but I couldn't find it in the Hertz forum.

I used to get #1 Club Gold as a benefit of the UK Platinum Card. Now this seems to have changed to Gold Plus Rewards something or other. Is this just a name change or is here something bigger going on?
You are now entitled to Gold Plus Rewards Five Star, although it's not clear how you get upgraded from the Amex website.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Thanks, but is it a diff'rent programme or just another naff name for a soso elite level?

I actually managed to sign up through the Hertz website after being redirected from Amex.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold

I believe "Gold Plus Rewards" is the name of their restructured points program. Five Star, President's Circle and Platinum remain the main upper status levels.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:46 am
Suspended

Thanks - the Hertz website is pretty poor on this. I think it makes sense to me now...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:57 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Seems as though AmEx needs to update the benefit description as it's very confusing. I was recently given only the gold benefits which are available to everyone for free. No $60 value there. Ended up changing my additional reservations and used a code found on American Airlines frequent flier website partner page to get 40% off. If the Amex benefit is indeed the Five Star they should make it clear.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by pmclean
Seems as though AmEx needs to update the benefit description as it's very confusing. I was recently given only the gold benefits which are available to everyone for free. No $60 value there. Ended up changing my additional reservations and used a code found on American Airlines frequent flier website partner page to get 40% off. If the Amex benefit is indeed the Five Star they should make it clear.
I use the AMEX code frequently and have yet to figure out the benefits. Hertz at ATL just told me I'm 5-star, and not eligible for an upgrade beyond the full-size car I reserved - which is different from what the the AMEX site implies
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:20 pm

I think I got Executive status with National from my AMEX Platinum then did a status match with Hertz to get 5-Star

http://offer.hertz.com/offers/index....tatusMatch.jsp
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:05 pm
Formerly known as Holtzhauer

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
I think I got Executive status with National from my AMEX Platinum then did a status match with Hertz to get 5-Star

http://offer.hertz.com/offers/index....tatusMatch.jsp
Thanks for the tip! I just did the same thing and hopefully will get the same results.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by pmclean
It is up-to-date, at least for the Canadian The Platinum site.

I think the 5-star upgraded status is something only very recently. I last rented from Hertz in August in Germany and November in Boston. Both times using the Plat CDP code and I was not 5-star.

Today, when I logged into the Hertz site, I noticed the 5-star status. It may be because of the Amex Plat CDP code registered in the account.

The 5-star status only offers marginal extra benefits. The two most significant extra benefits are the complimentary one car class upgrade that is subject to availability at participating locations and the 10% Gold Reward Points bonus. Not something that would get me all excited.

In both my BRE and BOS rentals, I did not receive any upgrade but the 5-star status was not showing. I surmise that it may something starting from 2014?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:41 pm

This is how my January rental is recorded in the Hertz system

Date Type Description Rental Agreement Points
Jan 16, 2014 Rental Transaction RENO/TAHOE INT'L AP M---- 468
Jan 16, 2014 Base Points Earned RENO/TAHOE INT'L AP M---- 218
Jan 16, 2014 Bonus Points Earned American Express Platinum Bonus M---- 0
Jan 16, 2014 Bonus Points Earned Activation Bonus M---- 250
Missing Points? Click Here
Points will not expire as long as you have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards point activity in the prior 24 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards Point was either earned or redeemed.

-- I assume 'activation bonus' is for 5-star status that AMEX/Hertz has switched PLAT members into (which I haven't seen any notice about)
-- I can't tell if 10% '5-star bonus' is included in the base rental points, or if they are missing
-- odd they note a "0" AMEX PLAT 'bonus' , which is also the case with my Feb rental
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 4aks
-- odd they note a "0" AMEX PLAT 'bonus' , which is also the case with my Feb rental
This may pertain to the Hertz Platinum (rather than American Express Platinum) status discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...um-status.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.