Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA CENTURION card program changes: maximum two authorized users @ $2500 each

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA CENTURION card program changes: maximum two authorized users @ $2500 each

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:43 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I wonder why this change was implemented? I wonder how many cardholders out there have a lot more than two AU's? I would think the Business Centurion could have a lot, but personal? I wonder why they made this apply to both.

If anyone has any insight, please do share.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:17 pm

I canceled my AU last week, not worth it anymore. Really considering canceling the main card as well.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:11 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by platinumPizza
I canceled my AU last week, not worth it anymore. Really considering canceling the main card as well.
Is that because you're not using it as much in the States anymore?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
From an outsider's perspective, I've worked with a client who gave business cent cards to all of his full time employees. Rather small business, but still for one primary account there were about two dozen AUs. I found this quite peculiar. Great perk for the employees, but probably not in Amex's eyes.

(random side note: could the AU fee be considered a business expense and written off?)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
If used for business absolutely it can be.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
Is that because you're not using it as much in the States anymore?
The United deal really killed it. Using the palladium overseas allot and the cent for a few reasons. I got a presidential plus for business and get status with that now. If US Airways and AA don't merge soon I may cancel the cent.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan
From an outsider's perspective, I've worked with a client who gave business cent cards to all of his full time employees. Rather small business, but still for one primary account there were about two dozen AUs. I found this quite peculiar. Great perk for the employees, but probably not in Amex's eyes.

(random side note: could the AU fee be considered a business expense and written off?)
Cdn cents get a supplemental cent and up to five plats. I have issued plats to a few of my Key employees.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I know everyone scoffs at USAir, but if they killed that and/or the Delta level granted by Cent I'd be out.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan

Very nice perk indeed. I wonder how much the signaling the card does equates to it's perceived value? I don't think the card is worth the spend level.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Last day to do this

Today is the last day to get your people locked in at $1500 a year and being a AU.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
FWIW, I have the Personal Centurion and my business partner is an AU. I ended up getting my wife and his wife Platinum Cards on the same account simply for the lounge access when they travel without us. Don't remember what it cost but I think it was $150 for the first and the second was free.

So I guess I have 3 AUs and it makes sense for us.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:27 pm

I wouldn't worry about the Delta level going down anytime soon. That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:35 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by buffcoat
I wouldn't worry about the Delta level going down anytime soon. That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.
Might have a reason to be concerned about US status going away if they merge with AA.

I read today in Departures mag that Centurions can upgrade a C ticket to First on certain airlines instead of the b1g1 C tickets... I must have missed that benefit.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by buffcoat
That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.
It is? Perhaps if you fly DL. Worthless for everyone else.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by b8b
Might have a reason to be concerned about US status going away if they merge with AA.

I read today in Departures mag that Centurions can upgrade a C ticket to First on certain airlines instead of the b1g1 C tickets... I must have missed that benefit.
This is available on Emirates, Swiss International Air Lines, Jet Airways, British Airways, and Etihad Airways (to US-issued Centurion cards). You're not the only one to have missed it - I've spoken with CTS agents that had never heard of it either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.