MR--> Priority Club ending 6/30/12

Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
MR--> Priority Club ending 6/30/12

Just saw this on my account:

"After June 30th 2012, you will no longer be able to transfer Membership Rewards® points into Priority Club Rewards frequent guest accounts."

Chase seems to be flexing it's muscles a bit. Another loss for MR.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
wow..amex better get going with some improvements...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:40 pm

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rs/us/aexpress

Looks like the OP is correct
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
My oh my...I'm really going to have to deflect my spending to Chase UR...!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this a huge loss? With Priority Points pretty easy to obtain and never expiring, it seems a waste to transfer MR points to PC - except for topping off or Pointbreaks...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I guess this only applies to the US MR programs.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by username
Is this a huge loss? With Priority Points pretty easy to obtain and never expiring, it seems a waste to transfer MR points to PC - except for topping off or Pointbreaks...
I think it is a loss. I have only transferred a minimal amount of points to PC over the years (just for the reasons that you state), but for me the primary value in MR was always the flexibility of having so many different options to redeem.

Sooooooo many partners & relationships lost over the past few years......
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skimple
I think it is a loss. I have only transferred a minimal amount of points to PC over the years (just for the reasons that you state), but for me the primary value in MR was always the flexibility of having so many different options to redeem.

Agreed 100%. AMEX used to be on top of its game. Now others are looking more and more attractive, especially Chase Ultimate.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by skimple

+2

I hope this is not another nail in the coffin for MR. I used to value MR points more than any other, except SPG. Now, UR points appear to be most valuable (except for SPG again). We better see some big bonus transfers down the road and some 100,000 MR points offers on cards other than Plats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.