Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:11 pm

yes, the name of the business you put down is the name on the card. this was in response to clincher's question before he changed the post, that was quick clincher!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:19 pm

Got one for me and wife. I cancelled a Gold business sometime in 2010. Wife cancelled in 2011 I believe. I see nothing at all in the T&C to make me think this is not bonus eligable as neither of us are currently open members. That said, I am already regretting requesting the wifes. I will have to confirm with Customer Service prior to racking up 10K in charges.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by leftpinky
yes, the name of the business you put down is the name on the card. this was in response to clincher's question before he changed the post, that was quick clincher!
Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: many
ha, even if I try and get approved, won't find out about the bonus for a while yet. Card + no bonus = sucks.

For those applying for a mortgage, AMEX doesnt usaully do a pull if you're an existing card holder
Ah, not so, as Amex pulled, and does pull. Converting may be different but Amex new accounts dept. rep said, hard pull every time for a new card app. Verified today.

As far as the bonus is confirmed, CS already verified the bonus and is overnighting the card to me.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
Originally Posted by Hofu
I really want these 7K MR points! I need them!
But, only have about $500 in household expenses during next 120 days.

Anyone have any method, regardless of how complex, how I can make the $10K spend? Post or PM me.

I'll jump through hoops to get this one!
Thanks!
My utilities company allows you to pay ahead-any amount-for $2.95 one time charge. The majority of my spending is Sam's Club. I buy a candybar at walmart and then get a $500 gift card, use it at Sam's. No charge, rinse and repeat.
So I am paid ahead about a year on groceries, gas and utilities. Works fine on things I use, as long as cash flow is ok for as long as your spending requirement takes.
I can't pay my property tax until fall, Kentucky is retarded that way. And doesn't take amex either, and charges @ 3%.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Ah, not so, as Amex pulled, and does pull. Converting may be different but Amex new accounts dept. rep said, hard pull every time for a new card app. Verified today.

As far as the bonus is confirmed, CS already verified the bonus and is overnighting the card to me.
Wait, you already had the AMEX Gold Business and applied again for a second or third? (or are you just talking about first time apps in the second line?--I was talking about getting a second card in re: signup bonus?)

I think it's a YMMV situation, plenty of people have posted saying they don't get pulled...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Question– I have the Platinum Delta Skymiles Business Card. It has “Open Savings”. I have never had a Membership Reward American Express. The restriction — American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer– doesn’t apply does it? Thanks for your help in clarifying this. This is a great offer. Between hubby and I, we just got three new cards in the last couple of week. We have 10,000 minimum spend in the next 3 months to reach. This is not too hard since we try to put everything on the cards and pay it off at the end of the month (business and personal) but I would prefer to space it out. Gosh I hate to pass this one up.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Question– I have the Platinum Delta Skymiles Business Card. It has “Open Savings”. I have never had a Membership Reward American Express. The restriction — American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer– doesn’t apply does it? Thanks for your help in clarifying this. This is a great offer. Between hubby and I, we just got three new cards in the last couple of week. We have 10,000 minimum spend in the next 3 months to reach. This is not too hard since we try to put everything on the cards and pay it off at the end of the month (business and personal) but I would prefer to space it out. Gosh I hate to pass this one up.
This seems to be offered every 3-5 months. They had this same promotion on Nov 3, now almost 4 months later it came up. No guarantees, but I'd say they'll have it again later this year, probably for another day.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by JaguarBest

Waited patiently for so long for a good card to come out.
When it did come out 2 days ago the AmEx 50,000 Points I applied and got approved.

Guess what happens, now this shows up.

I applied for this one too .... Decision Pending ... not very hopeful though.

And if they do not move me to the 75K category, I am going to treat them -- just like the way they are doing to us. Get the 50K Points, move it to DL and then immediately dump it .. when they ask why -- tell them exactly WHY.

Extremely Furious
They cancelled my 2nd application. Apparently you cannot apply within 30 days.

Though they did offer me to cancel my 1st one and try the 2nd, but did not guarantee the 2nd card and the 2nd card would also cause a Credit Inquiry.

I told them very clearly, I am not a happy camper, and I am extremely disappointed and also told them very clearly -- that I am going to get my miles, transfer them and cancel the card. if anybody asks me at that time, I will bring this point up.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:51 pm

Great! Thanks for your information. I am getting the 75000 points soon.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: A few
decisions decisions... was time for an app-o-rama but the citi aa cards with $2500 spend in 4 months are a lot so to add another $10k spent might be tough to reach. yes one can pre-send through gift cards etc but still that has it's limits. oh for the mint days
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by finite7777
My utilities company allows you to pay ahead-any amount-for $2.95 one time charge. The majority of my spending is Sam's Club. I buy a candybar at walmart and then get a $500 gift card, use it at Sam's. No charge, rinse and repeat.
So I am paid ahead about a year on groceries, gas and utilities. Works fine on things I use, as long as cash flow is ok for as long as your spending requirement takes.
I can't pay my property tax until fall, Kentucky is retarded that way. And doesn't take amex either, and charges @ 3%.
If I'm understanding right.. you buy 10K of gift cards to Sam's Club from Walmart? or how do you mean a candybar + gift card?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea
If I'm understanding right.. you buy 10K of gift cards to Sam's Club from Walmart? or how do you mean a candybar + gift card?
The candy bar has nothing to do with it! He only thinks so to make himself feel better about eating all those candy bars!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: many
Wait, you already had the AMEX Gold Business and applied again for a second or third? (or are you just talking about first time apps in the second line?--I was talking about getting a second card in re: signup bonus?)

I think it's a YMMV situation, plenty of people have posted saying they don't get pulled...
Sorry, I was talking about first time apps.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:29 pm

Besides signup bonus - does this card has any real benefits ?

Since it's Gold. not a Platinum - probably not, but I have to ask for spoon-feeding since app window is so short

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.