Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:09 pm

Seems like this offer comes out every six months or so, so probably best not to risk my AMEX membership over this. I think ill just wait till next time.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
You can only move your spending forward for so long . . .
Absolutely true, but that all depends on a given individual's personal financial situation. If this guy has the capacity to do so, it's still possible to get the card and meet the spending requirement. Of course, like you said, this is unsustainable if you're constantly front-loading your spending to meet requirements for multiple different cards.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Would it be too risky to cancel my Gold Open and get this card? Would that work? I already got a Financial Review last year, so not really worried about it. thoughts?
No, IMO.

But if you're willing to try it and report back the results, you have my support! ^
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
No, IMO.

But if you're willing to try it and report back the results, you have my support! ^
ha, even if I try and get approved, won't find out about the bonus for a while yet. Card + no bonus = sucks.

For those applying for a mortgage, AMEX doesnt usaully do a pull if you're an existing card holder
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:34 pm

Would it be too risky to cancel my Gold Open and get this card? Would that work? I already got a Financial Review last year, so not really worried about it. thoughts?
If you really already have a Gold OPEN, then you don't qualify for this, even if canceled. Generally, with Amex, you'd need to have canceled it for two years.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by josephstern
If you really already have a Gold OPEN, then you don't qualify for this, even if canceled. Generally, with Amex, you'd need to have canceled it for two years.
Is this true? I remember hearing people having multiple Business Gold Cards
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Is this true? I remember hearing people having multiple Business Gold Cards
I could see that if you had multiple Tax IDs (EINs) then maybe, but at least for the SPG OPEN card, they specifically say that you can get one bonus, once per SPG account, no matter how many businesses you have.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:51 pm

My Luck

Waited patiently for so long for a good card to come out.
When it did come out 2 days ago the AmEx 50,000 Points I applied and got approved.

Guess what happens, now this shows up.

I applied for this one too .... Decision Pending ... not very hopeful though.

And if they do not move me to the 75K category, I am going to treat them -- just like the way they are doing to us. Get the 50K Points, move it to DL and then immediately dump it .. when they ask why -- tell them exactly WHY.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:00 pm

FYI, put $0-49,999 as business revenue, and my actual personal income, and was approved. (Again, I don't know if it matters that I have an EIN.)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
ha, even if I try and get approved, won't find out about the bonus for a while yet. Card + no bonus = sucks.

For those applying for a mortgage, AMEX doesnt usaully do a pull if you're an existing card holder
I've heard a variation of this, that if you get approved they will code the inquiry as a hard, but if you get declined it will be coded as a soft.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:15 pm

I had an AMEX Business Gold about a year ago and had it converted to a Business Platinum, that I still have. The terms on this new offer indicate that if you have a current Gold account you can not get this new 75k bonus.

Does anyone know if either my converted account or the fact that I had a Business Gold account a year ago, will prevent me from getting approved?

Thanks
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:21 pm

I really want these 7K MR points! I need them!
But, only have about $500 in household expenses during next 120 days.

Anyone have any method, regardless of how complex, how I can make the $10K spend? Post or PM me.

I'll jump through hoops to get this one!
Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Decision pending.

Didn't even ask me for my income, although I entered the app through another Amex card.

Mike
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
For those wondering what would happen if you sent a SM asking to be matched to this offer........

(I had applied for a targeted 50K offer for this card earlier in the month)

At the moment, we are unable to confirm your account were eligible for this promotional offer to be extended to your account, so we cannot award the Membership Reward points to your account.

However, we have initiated an inquiry to investigate this issue and will continue to look into this for you. Please keep in mind this process can take up to 10 business days. Once it is complete, we will send you a letter with detailed information about the outcome.

I'm just about certain the letter I will receive in 10 business days will not be favorable. So, no surprise, but thought I would share the response.

MP.....don't give up yet. Amex posted 100k points into DW's account not 3 hours after receiving this exact letter. It was for the bumped Platinum Business card back in August. This was in December.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by illennium
Not if you have a sole proprietorship (the legal term for most people who consider themselves freelancers). You can just leave the EIN field blank.

I have a sole proprietorship, applied for this card an hour ago, and was approved instantly.
I tried to insert SSN in EIN field (oops) and now they want me to call to finalize

Last edited by Clincher; Feb 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm Reason: I got an answer to original Q

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.