Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by thebat
Great offer but I can't do $10k in four months. Too bad mint is gone.
Look at the bright side, at least the mint deal didn't evaporate right after applying for this card.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
How is Amex on multiple apps within 30 days? I just got the personal 75k earlier this month. I know I can meet the spend on this, but obviously I don't want to apply if I know it's not going to work. Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:01 am

Points...

Can you use this points same way we use Starwood Points (hotels, etc..)?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11
How is Amex on multiple apps within 30 days? I just got the personal 75k earlier this month. I know I can meet the spend on this, but obviously I don't want to apply if I know it's not going to work. Thanks.
They're Ok with this. However, more than 1 new account in a short period with Amex is a possible trigger for FR. Not saying it to scare you, it's a small chance anyways, just FYI.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
They're Ok with this. However, more than 1 new account in a short period with Amex is a possible trigger for FR. Not saying it to scare you, it's a small chance anyways, just FYI.
This was in the back of my mind, especially since I would be running a lot more through this card than my personal account. I think I'll pass on this one and look for something this summer, especially since the points on this last promo haven't posted yet. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:36 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

For those wondering what would happen if you sent a SM asking to be matched to this offer........

(I had applied for a targeted 50K offer for this card earlier in the month)

At the moment, we are unable to confirm your account were eligible for this promotional offer to be extended to your account, so we cannot award the Membership Reward points to your account.

However, we have initiated an inquiry to investigate this issue and will continue to look into this for you. Please keep in mind this process can take up to 10 business days. Once it is complete, we will send you a letter with detailed information about the outcome.

I'm just about certain the letter I will receive in 10 business days will not be favorable. So, no surprise, but thought I would share the response.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
For those wondering what would happen if you sent a SM asking to be matched to this offer........

(I had applied for a targeted 50K offer for this card earlier in the month)

At the moment, we are unable to confirm your account were eligible for this promotional offer to be extended to your account, so we cannot award the Membership Reward points to your account.

However, we have initiated an inquiry to investigate this issue and will continue to look into this for you. Please keep in mind this process can take up to 10 business days. Once it is complete, we will send you a letter with detailed information about the outcome.

I'm just about certain the letter I will receive in 10 business days will not be favorable. So, no surprise, but thought I would share the response.
Typical of Amex in recent past
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:44 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
Typical of Amex in recent past
Yep.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:46 am

Thanks for the post! Just got approved. It says 2x points on shipping. Anyone know if paypal shipping for ebay sales registers as shipping?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
Thanks for the post! Just got approved. It says 2x points on shipping. Anyone know if paypal shipping for ebay sales registers as shipping?
Can you get this for a second AMEX gold card? I have a second business and would love to get this 75k bonus too!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by thebat
Great offer but I can't do $10k in four months. Too bad mint is gone.
If you have >$10k in the bank, you could always buy GCs (gas @ 2x points or airfare @ 3x points) and just fund your next $10k of gas/airfare right now...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
If you have >$10k in the bank, you could always buy GCs (gas @ 2x points or airfare @ 3x points) and just fund your next $10k of gas/airfare right now...
You can only move your spending forward for so long . . .
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:59 am

Looks like T&C says not open to existing AMEX Open GOld card members...eh
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Looks like T&C says not open to existing AMEX Open GOld card members...eh
Right - emphasis on "OPEN". If you have a Gold personal card, you're fine.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Right - emphasis on "OPEN". If you have a Gold personal card, you're fine.
Would it be too risky to cancel my Gold Open and get this card? Would that work? I already got a Financial Review last year, so not really worried about it. thoughts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.