Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Old May 6, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG gold, Marriott platinum
finished off spend friday and points in account, ready to use today! great promo and great execution by amex!
Old May 25, 2012, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
I reached the $10k in spend two days ago. I called Keith at the executive offices today. He looked at my account, verified I had met the spend, and put the 75K MR points in my account. He told me they usually take 6-8 weeks to post but he didn't want to make me wait.

He also told me that anyone else having the same problem as I was with AX's computers not seeing this offer should be getting their 75K points too. He said AX looked into the programming of the computers in conjunction with the one day offer and fixed the problem so everyone else will automatically get the bonus if they qualified.

AX came through fore me thanks to the exceptional service of Keith in the executive offices. Give that boy a raise AX!!
THANKS susiesan:
I emailed Amexco and got this answer:

"Dear USAFAN, Thank you for emailing us. Yes, I confirm that you have met the required spend criteria of $10,000.00. The 75,000 bonus points will be automatically awarded to your account within 6 - 8 weeks from the date you met the required spend criteria of $10,000.00. I'd like to inform you that we do not have the access to expedite the process of posting these bonus points immediately as these bonus points are automatically awarded by our system. Wish you a great day!"

I called the Fort Lauderdale Executive Center for American Express; Keith was not there, so I will call him back on Monday. The reason I neat the bonus points now .... the 50% bonus is only until May 31, 2012!

Receive a 50% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards points into Executive Club through May 31, 2012. For the period of the promotion you will receive 1,500 Avios when you transfer 1,000 Membership Rewards points into your Executive Club account! You may use Avios points in your Executive Club account to book a flight on British Airways or one of its oneworld alliance partners.

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...lFreqFlyerProg

Last edited by USAFAN; May 25, 2012 at 9:22 am Reason: Added link
Old May 25, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: ALL :)
AMEX

Just received the bonus bump on my wife and I's card.

150,000 Total - Cha Ching
Old May 25, 2012, 8:29 pm

Just a data point.

Received (via s-mail) a "Business Gold Rewards (OPEN)" offer with 75K bonus points for a $5,000 spend by 10/5, first year fee waived. Offer expires 7/3.

Card has the typical 3/2/1 rewards structure; points are standard MR (ie, neither Express nor First).

Offer is targeted.

Thinking about changing over one of my business cards, so this might be ok.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I just got my bonus points and moved them to BA Avios taking advantage of the 50% bonus, it is nice to see that I have 140K more avios...europe, here I come!
Old May 28, 2012, 4:08 pm

How do I contact their executive office to expedite the points. The last of the spending finally posted yesterday and I'm hoping to take advantage of the Avios promotion. Should I ask for Keith once I reach them? I tried tweeting to them although it seems they are closed for Memorial Day.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold

Got mine a few weeks ago, woohoo! Thanks American express!!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Current offer?

What's the best one out there?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:07 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I spent the $ 10000 two days ago and the 750000 points posted today
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
here we go again. 8 weeks past 2 days ago and no points. why do i have to harass them to get them to honor their offers?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:39 pm

AMEX Gold 75k Bonus

I am quite an idiot and thought I had 6 months to make the 10k in purchases. I called in after making the 10k in purchases and they have no record of the promo attached to my card at all. Currently AMEX is "researching" to see what they can find in the records. I could provide them the promo code but this would obviously prove that I didn't meet the qualifications. Any suggestions on what I should do if they come back denying my bonus? One reason it took so long to make the purchases is that I was given a teensy limit to start with and had to call in every time I paid off the balance to request an increase. I charge 30k per month on my cards and the 1k limit I started with made it tough to spend...Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.