Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:15 pm

a2aa is the offer code
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Card delivered by UPS today to my home address, even though I specified my office address for billing . No signature required.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by ioananv
Maybe you could call again? This is what I have been told as well when I called, but the CSR was willing to search some more. Using his words, he "dug deeper" and he found that it is actually attached to my account. Then he said that the offer is too new and it doesn't show immediately, one has to search more. No idea what it means, or if he was telling the truth, but it's worth a try.

The offer code is A2AA (Bonus ID)
I called AX a second time, gave the CSR the offer number. He looked it up, saw the terms, saw that my application and approval was done 2/29, but he can't see the offer attached to my account. He kept saying this was a targeted offer and I said no it wasn't. He suggested I write MR Correspondence to get something in writing to confirm I will get the 75K bonus. I will do that through the secure online messaging and I'm going to call again. I'll report back with the results.

Called a third time. I was told they won't look into whether the off applies to the card until I put the $10K spend on the card and see if the bonus MR points post. I'm not going to waste $10K of spend only to find out I don't get the bonus points. Depending on the written response I get to my SM inquiry I'll probably cancel the card before even using it. In 30 years of various AX cards I have never had them pull this stunt on me. I'm also going to contact my state's attorney general/consumer affairs office and put in a complaining for false advertising.

Everyone be aware-you may not get your bonus MR points with this card, you will have wasted $10K of spend that could have been put on a card that honors their offers. I plan to use my SPG AX or AA Citi VISA until this is resolved.

Last edited by susiesan; Mar 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by susiesan
I called AX a second time, gave the CSR the offer number. He looked it up, saw the terms, saw that my application and approval was done 2/29, but he can't see the offer attached to my account. He kept saying this was a targeted offer and I said no it wasn't. He suggested I write MR Correspondence to get something in writing to confirm I will get the 75K bonus. I will do that through the secure online messaging and I'm going to call again. I'll report back with the results.

Called a third time. I was told they won't look into whether the off applies to the card until I put the $10K spend on the card and see if the bonus MR points post. I'm not going to waste $10K of spend only to find out I don't get the bonus points. Depending on the written response I get to my SM inquiry I'll probably cancel the card before even using it. In 30 years of various AX cards I have never had them pull this stunt on me. I'm also going to contact my state's attorney general/consumer affairs office and put in a complaining for false advertising.

Everyone be aware-you may not get your bonus MR points with this card, you will have wasted $10K of spend that could have been put on a card that honors their offers. I plan to use my SPG AX or AA Citi VISA until this is resolved.
I have found that you get a much quicker response to such questions on twitter. Of course you must learn to be less verbose.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
I was all excited to come home today from work to my shiny new card....nothing

Does anyone know if UPS (or whatever service attempts delivery w/o success) will leave a note saying they tried to deliver? I've received nada...hope they deliver on Saturday
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:41 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Mine came UPS

I found them outside my front door today; they were delivered via UPS at my front door with no signature required.

Now time to spend

Anita
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Gone?

Is this offer still valid?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
Is this offer still valid?
No, offer is gone...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:38 pm

Received my card today, already started charging.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by mia
Card delivered by UPS today to my home address, even though I specified my office address for billing . No signature required.
Same here, My husband found the envelope laying in our front yard behind a bush, I also specified my office address as the official address for the card.....

I was approved on Feb 20th (50k targeted) and called on the 29th to ask about the 75k offer, I was assured by the rep that my account was noted and I should receive the bonus 6 to 8 weeks after required spend was completed. We'll see....
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I have found that you get a much quicker response to such questions on twitter. Of course you must learn to be less verbose.
I don't do twitter. Would posting on AX's Facebook page get me a response?
Should I call a fourth time and see what they are saying on a new day?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Is there a phone number to help expedite the card delivery?
It says 2-3 days on approval email, then 10-13 business days on application status webpage...
Got fairly significant expenses in the coming days...
Call customer service, no help, transfer to application department, no help either...
Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:53 am

Me and wife both approved - cards came within 2 days. Both activated this morning, both verbally confirmed for the 75K points. Both of us have had a gold business card before. Both were cancelled maybe a year+ ago.

With the cap one deal not looking that great - this was a nice get
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
So disappointing. All my other amex cards arrived overnight. If it doesnt come today (saturday delivery) looks like I have to wait for another shot until monday. I've already missed charging 2 plane tix
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
With a long a glorious history with AMEX going back 15 years (currently have 5 AMEX cards) was surprised not to get instant approval, but did get email approval yesterday.

Hoping not to run into susiesan's problem and having to fight for the 75k. Saved screenshot, was not asked for promo code.

Hoping to hear updates here on 75k confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.