Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
>>>>When/how did you get this?

Probably after he charged $300K on the card......they throw a bone and the gullible think they receive a great offer!
That's unnecessarily insulting.

For those that care, it should be in your App under Offers along with a bunch of others.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:50 pm

OMG - $1,000 David Yurman gift card. No minimum purchase. My wife just fell out of her chair. Interesting timing since I just complained last week about the lack of points earning compared to Chase Sapphire.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Various
Just had a note from my RM to confirm the $1000 David Yurman GC, and also a Zegna $500 GC. No minimum purchase, both of them have to be used in-store and by Nov 1st.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
No David Yurman card here. But that's ok I guess because I don't know what a David Yurman is.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
OMG - $1,000 David Yurman gift card. No minimum purchase. My wife just fell out of her chair. Interesting timing since I just complained last week about the lack of points earning compared to Chase Sapphire.
Got our card today as well. Thanks Amex!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
Just had a note from my RM to confirm the $1000 David Yurman GC, and also a Zegna $500 GC. No minimum purchase, both of them have to be used in-store and by Nov 1st.
I received the David Yurman GC on Monday and the Zegna GC yesterday
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:12 pm
BLV

Same as above.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:16 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by BLV
Received it as well, along with a $1k certificate for some kitchen appliance place. Not home, so can't look it up now.

Yes, via my RM but it didn't sound too interesting (and happened back around June or early July).
PIRCH, expiring 9/30/16.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Ive been cent for 10 years and other than invites to sporting events, I have never gotten any of these. Do you have to request?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Do you have to request?
You should verify that you have not opted out of marketing mailings.

• Login to americanexpress.com
  • Account Services > Communication and Privacy Preferences > Review everything, but in particular: General Marketing Email Preferences
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You should verify that you have not opted out of marketing mailings.

• Login to americanexpress.com
  • Account Services > Communication and Privacy Preferences > Review everything, but in particular: General Marketing Email Preferences
Yes, this is the key. For once it's worth your while to get "junk" mail. Although a $1000 no strings attached gift card is hardly "junk."
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by sdix
Although a $1000 no strings attached gift card is hardly "junk."
Unless you end up with a $1,000 item, whose actual material value is probably like $50 but carries a $950 premium for the "Zenga" or "David Yurman" name. In manhattan, teh cost to go to the store (parking, etc) may actually exceed the material value.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
...actual material value ...
When a person buys a designer product they are not primarily paying for the raw materials or the name, but rather for the design - the intellectual talent used to create the product. The same is true when you buy a newspaper, magazine, book, theatre ticket, prescription drug, car, restaurant meal etc. The cost to produce the design is high, even if the cost to produce the retail units seems low.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:04 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by stimpy
No David Yurman card here. But that's ok I guess because I don't know what a David Yurman is.
If there's a Mrs. Stimpy, is she ok with this as well?

This is a rather cool jewelry brand, especially known for their bracelets. I've been a fan since I was a kid and it's been nice to see them grow famous and get the recognition they deserve. So this GC from Amex was a good one for me and utilized right away
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BLV
This is a rather cool jewelry brand, especially known for their bracelets. I've been a fan since I was a kid and it's been nice to see them grow famous and get the recognition they deserve. So this GC from Amex was a good one for me and utilized right away
Yeah I googled it and it all looks nice and I would have bought something. But I don't seem to get retail gift cards much anymore. I just get the travel deals. But that probably matches my spending on the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.