Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by BLV
Free night in a premier suite or grand premier suite & $100 credit at a Sense spa at Rosewood London between 9/1-12/31.
I just asked CTS in Switzerland and they confirmed that this offer is only valid for US Cents. Too bad.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I just asked CTS in Switzerland and they confirmed that this offer is only valid for US Cents. Too bad.
By the way, the whole thing ended up being free, plus all the FHR bennies. In just one night I covered my $2500 annual Centurion fee.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
By the way, the whole thing ended up being free, plus all the FHR bennies. In just one night I covered my $2500 annual Centurion fee.
Please don't rub it in...! As if it weren't bad enough that our annual fee is almost twice as high as in the US, we also regularly miss out on the best promotions....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please don't rub it in...! As if it weren't bad enough that our annual fee is almost twice as high as in the US, we also regularly miss out on the best promotions....
If I were you I'd get a friend in the US to host my mail, go setup a bank acct, and switch your Amex to the US. Since there are no foreign transaction fees, you can use it anywhere in the world without worries. I've done the reverse a couple of times to get Amex cards here in Europe.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
If I were you I'd get a friend in the US to host my mail, go setup a bank acct, and switch your Amex to the US. Since there are no foreign transaction fees, you can use it anywhere in the world without worries. I've done the reverse a couple of times to get Amex cards here in Europe.
Thanks for your suggestion, stimpy. I thought about that, but from the Global Transfer thread here on FT I got the impression that in order to get a US Cent I have to go through all the motions again. The reverse (US=>Europe) seems indeed to be much easier. Am I mistaken here?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your suggestion, stimpy. I thought about that, but from the Global Transfer thread here on FT I got the impression that in order to get a US Cent I have to go through all the motions again. The reverse (US=>Europe) seems indeed to be much easier. Am I mistaken here?
I've only done US>Europe and I did not try Global Transfer. It was very easy and painless, but I'm not sure about the reverse. I could indeed be difficult I suppose.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
You are right.

A friend of mine moved to the US and wanted to transfer his UK Centurion. No chance.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Well I know someone who did it, but he has properties in both UK and USA

Originally Posted by DUflyer
You are right.

A friend of mine moved to the US and wanted to transfer his UK Centurion. No chance.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Various
Indeed - I asked to move my UK Centurion account over from UK to US, and was told no. It is laughable as if I had any other card in the portfolio that is also offered in the US, it would have been no problem. But oh, you've had our top card and been a Centurion customer for 13 years, tough we keep each Centurion market separate.

I had a long conversation with the UK country manager about it but to no avail as he couldn't do anything about it. I do have to give them credit for porting over my UK credit history though, it has done wonders for my FICO.

So I kept my UK Centurion account, and have a PRG in the US. Most of my US spend goes on other cards though now. If they put the fee-free foreign purchases benefit on the UK card, then I'd probably use it a lot more.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:23 pm
Suspended

I tried global transfer to Thailand. Was told I only qualify for a Gold card here. There seems to be a Bank of Thailand restriction on 6x times local salary as a credit limit. So here Amex cards actually carry a strict credit limit as well. No cent offered here. Max is Plat.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:36 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
To UK Cent's - out of interest, when you log in online or via the app, do you see any Offers? I haven't seen any in the last month or so, except an invite to a Harvey Nics event, which is also on my other cards. But no other offers, like the usual "Spend £100 and get £10 statement credit" etc...

Am I alone, or are you all noticing the same?

Cheers
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by JK
Am I alone, or are you all noticing the same?
Same here.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:14 am

£350 gift card to spend at the Theo Fennell by 31/03/15.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:27 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by ysb41
£350 gift card to spend at the Theo Fennell by 31/03/15.
Nice, not checked my mail yet, but I'm sure my wife will appreciate that! Any strings attached / min spends?

I'm sure you could at least get a jewellery cleaning kit for that price, if nothing else.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by JK
Any strings attached / min spends?
NO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.