Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plaza Premium Access for Canada Gold Card Guest Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX

One of the new benefits to the Canadian AMEX Gold card is 4 Plaza Premium lounge passes. I'm wanting to use this benefit on an upcoming trip and was wondering a couple of things:

-Am I allowed a guest?
-If not, can I use one of the passes for a guest (thus using 2 passes for the visit)?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See footnote 39:

Basic American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers are eligible for four (4) complimentary visits per calendar year to Canadian Plaza Premium Lounges. Cardmembers can apply complimentary visits towards accompanying guest visits. After your four (4) complimentary visits have been used, you may visit for a usage fee at the prevailing rate, which is subject to change without prior notice. To access a lounge, American Express Gold Rewards Cardmembers must show a valid, unexpired eligible American Express Gold Rewards Card, confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel and government-issued photo identification in the name of the American Express Gold Rewards Cardmember/guest(s). Maximum of 2-hour stay. House rules, terms and conditions apply. Lounge access is subject to availability. Unless otherwise stated, lounge access cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit and is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Lounge locations may change from time to time. Supplementary Gold Rewards Cardmembers are not eligible for complimentary access. Supplementary Gold Rewards Cardmembers are not eligible for complimentary access, unless accompanying a Basic Gold Rewards Cardmember as one of their guests. For a complete listing of Canadian lounge locations, please visit plazapremiumlounge.com.
https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...-rewards-card/
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Thanks for pointing that out - I guess I only made it to footnote 38...
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:06 pm

Completely overlooked there being Plaza Premium lounge passes on the Gold card! It'll come in handy for my next trip thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.