Delays in credits and points for various cards

Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Delays in credits and points for various cards

Is it just me or is everyone else experiencing these delays. I have two gold cards and the Brilliant card with charges Dec 21 and 24 with no credits. It typically doesnt take but a few days and I dont trust Amex. Also Indeed credits, have to fight with them every time. Their automated systems dont work and I tire of wasting time calling.

and my wifes plat biz, due 150k points, told have to wait 8-12 weeks. Then call. Of course its not going to post until she argues with them at 12 weeks only to be told itll be another couple months.

sometimes I feel like cancelling everything..
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:58 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Everyone is affected, and it's been happening for years. Cancelling is the only effective way to communicate dissatisfaction.

2015: American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

2020: Slowness with Statement Credits - anyone else?

2021: Co-branded credit card dining and phone credits not posting, September 2021.

2022: Credits taking long time to post? (Saks, Sirius XM)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Yes but for me it’s much worse last 6 months than ever before.

Regarding welcome bonuses not posting has anyone ever received them up to the 12 weeks they make you wait when they don’t post within days? I have not. Just their way of delaying it, I guess.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:23 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jonesdds

Regarding welcome bonuses not posting has anyone ever received them up to the 12 weeks they make you wait when they dont post within days?
Yes. There is no pattern to how quickly new account bonuses post. Waiting the full amount of time disclosed in the terms does not indicate a problem.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:46 am

Haven't had issues with Amex Canada yet and they've been fairly responsive to any questions I may have through chat. Hope it gets resolved for you.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Odd. I'm having the opposite experience lately. I just opened a new amex biz gold and biz plat and both have posted the sign up bonus instantly (even when the transactions that made me cross the threshold were still pending) and the points went into my available points right away, no waiting for the statement to close like chase...
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't know about sign-up bonuses, but monthly points posting for my MR Gold in particular has been totally random lately and I'm pretty confident I'm getting regularly shorted. By contrast, my personal Plat points post fairly predictably a day or so after payment.
Originally Posted by mia
Cancelling is the only effective way to communicate dissatisfaction.
That's unfortunately my conclusion as well.
Polytonic and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
I found the posting date for corporate advantage credit the most random one. This year is the earliest and it was posted before AF was posted. Few years ago I had to call in to get it posted like 3 months after AF posting date. Then in some years it randomly posts in March or May.
It's ironic because only after so many years it posted early when I'm about to cancel this account..
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
In May I signed up for "Get an additional 1 point for every 1 dollar spent, up to $5000. Use up to 3 times." I spent $15k on the card during the promotion period, and was going to finally call Amex in the new year as the points never posted. I hadn't called or emailed them yet, but on Jan 5 I randomly got an email saying I had some missing points and they were being deposited. The next day I had 3x 5k points post to my account. Talk about a delay.

I also gave out 2 30k referrals for Gold in August. The first referral bonus posted the same day the person was approved for the card. The second bonus, which another person was approved for a week later, took 4 months to post.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As a cardholder of various co-branded AmEx cards for decades, I will say that random posting delays have been a long-standing fact of life.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Yes but for me its much worse last 6 months than ever before.

Regarding welcome bonuses not posting has anyone ever received them up to the 12 weeks they make you wait when they dont post within days? I have not. Just their way of delaying it, I guess.
They are not delaying it on purpose, take the tin foil hat off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.