Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$200 airline fee reimbursement: Virgin America to join?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:24 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

Please use this thread to report success or failure for Platinum/Centurion reimbursement of incidental expenses on Virgin America. I did not find any reports in the original thread which I am still sorting by carrier:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-strategy.html
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Virgin America to join the Amex Plat $200 reimbursement plan?

Recently joined amex plat... I assumed VX would be on the program as it is one of the MR partners. Wrong.

Does anyone know if they will join, or why they are not part of it? I assume it could be related to changes they would need to make to their POS systems to incorporate the trans codes needed by Amex to determine the eligibility/type of charge.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:59 pm

Virgin America to join the Amex Plat $200 reimbursement plan?

VX also has their own rewards Visa which could be a reason
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by direct
VX also has their own rewards Visa which could be a reason
Most of the other carriers that are part of the program also have their own cobranded CCs...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:28 am
mia
Original Poster

Moderator action

I have merged maxmin's question into the thread which I previously established for VX reimbursement reports, but there have been no reports. I do not believe the airline is involved in this program, it's entirely up to American Express. Inasmuch as VX is a Membership Rewards transfer partner I cannot think of any reason it would not appear on the list of eligible carriers.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have merged maxmin's question into the thread which I previously established for VX reimbursement reports, but there have been no reports. I do not believe the airline is involved in this program, it's entirely up to American Express. Inasmuch as VX is a Membership Rewards transfer partner I cannot think of any reason it would not appear on the list of eligible carriers.
Thanks mia, but now that my post is buried in the VX reimburesment report thread, I dont think anyone will see it. Would you consider moving it back to the main thread? It's not actually a reimbursement report, per se.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:16 am
mia
Original Poster

I have edited the title to reflect that fact that VX is not eligible.

I created the original thread when a former moderator of the VX forum suggested it, and he must have thought that VX was an eligible airline. However, American Express customer service has confirmed that they are not on the list:

AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines / Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines JetBlue Airways, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines and US Airways.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have edited the title to reflect that fact that VX is not eligible.

I created the original thread when a former moderator of the VX forum suggested it, and he must have thought that VX was an eligible airline. However, American Express customer service has confirmed that they are not on the list:
Thanks. It's very strange that it's the only domestic airline not on the list. Very bad for me as its the only one I use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.