Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Blue for Business was removed from American Express website when Blue Business Plus was introduced. The offer from March 2017 is still HERE, but the [Apply] button redirects to Blue Business Plus.

A copy of the terms of the March 2017 offer is attached to THIS post.
Print Wikipost

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:58 am

Yeah and you are paying 1.87% for 1.3 points per dollar, not 2.3. I assume that you have some other credit card, including another amex card obviously, so you can already get 1ppd with another card for free. You are only actually gaining an extra 1.3ppd, so you would really be getting 65000 points for 50000 in spend that you would not otherwise get with any other card. Also, the 10k sign up bonus is for any purchase, so it makes no sense to factor that into the spending bonus for a new card, since you can literally get that 10k from a cup of coffee.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah and you are paying 1.87% for 1.3 points per dollar, not 2.3. I assume that you have some other credit card, including another amex card obviously, so you can already get 1ppd with another card for free. You are only actually gaining an extra 1.3ppd, so you would really be getting 65000 points for 50000 in spend that you would not otherwise get with any other card. Also, the 10k sign up bonus is for any purchase, so it makes no sense to factor that into the spending bonus for a new card, since you can literally get that 10k from a cup of coffee.
On what other card can one currently get 1 pp$ on tax payments for free as you mention? And what other card would you suggest for a higher payout? The Plat Business actually offers an interesting option with double points and 50% points back on Amex Travel purchases. And if either of those are new applications they won't affect Chase 5/24.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
One more day to go!

Limited Time Offer
expires 02/22/2017†
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:11 am

Is this card upgradable to any other business card? I'd like the business plat but am not eligible for a sign up bonus. I'd love to upgrade this to a plat in a year or to, but assume only gold upgrades to plat.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:33 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
Is this card upgradable to any other business card?
Blue is a credit card. Green, Gold and Platinum are charge cards. You won't be able to change/upgrade a credit card to any charge card.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Anyone used Plastiq for paying their mortgage on their Blue for Business card? If so, were your credited 2x points?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Blue is a credit card. Green, Gold and Platinum are charge cards. You won't be able to change/upgrade a credit card to any charge card.
Right -- that makes sense. Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:24 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
New offer:

Earn up to 25,000 Membership Rewards points

Earn 10,000 points after making your first purchase on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.

Earn an additional 15,000 points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the Card, in the first 6 months of Card Membership.

Get a 30% annual points bonus based on the past year's purchases on your Blue for Business Card.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ard/146/44962?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Blue for Business terms.pdf (127.4 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by mia; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
One more day to go!

Limited Time Offer
expires 02/22/2017
I grabbed this 2x offer on $50K spend. Made first purchase and got 10K MRs (as expected), but only 1x on my spend. Does the extra 1x post when statement closes or should I call to find out what's up?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by farwest101
I grabbed this 2x offer on $50K spend. Made first purchase and got 10K MRs (as expected), but only 1x on my spend. Does the extra 1x post when statement closes or should I call to find out what's up?
1X posted is bonus. Regular MR will be posted after statement closes, with typical one month delay. Be patient.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:24 am

I love this card. It's the most favorite one I have so far. 2+ MR per 1$ spend. MR points easily worth more than 1 cent. So it's better than a 2% cb card. I have an Amex plat biz and pers so I can pair up for the 50% flight. Add the 0% APR in and bam even better! I don't even have to pay it off in full each month like I usually do. Gives me some time to sell stuff on my Amazon FBA business. I don't have to rush to sell stuff (some times at a loss) to get money to pay my credit card bills. Not to mention I can spend over my credit limit and still have 0% APR.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Has anyone figured out exactly how they calculate the first 6 months, for the purpose of the 10x pts on dining? Does it end on the last day of the 6th month, or...?
Old May 2, 2017, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Has anyone figured out exactly how they calculate the first 6 months, for the purpose of the 10x pts on dining? Does it end on the last day of the 6th month, or...?
Same question here. Also, is the 10x/$2K dining part of the $50K 2x?
Old May 2, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Six months from approval date.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
Same question here.
I asked that question about the SPG Amex in an online chat and for 3 months they said it's 92 days from your approval date. I forget what exact number of days they said for 6 months, I think it may have been 183 but I'm not absolutely sure.

Same question here. Also, is the 10x/$2K dining part of the $50K 2x?
The 10x is a 9x bonus, while the 2x is a 1x bonus. They post separately (and "stack", for restaurant dines in the first 6 moths). So obviously any qualifying* dine you do counts for both, and thus counts toward both the $2k and the $50k, even though separately.

* I had a dine at a restaurant inside a hotel that didn't earn the 9x bonus, even though it billed as a restaurant (but for the restaurant name it showed the hotel name). So there are occasional "dines" that may not be qualifying for the 9x, I don't know exactly how they determine that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.