Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:43 am
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Just another data point. I used the plat card to get exit row seats for flights to Peru and back. Received full reimbursement automatically. Had $20 left over so I tried to pick up a gift card. Was not reimbursed. Called in asked, they said gift cards were not covered, but they were willing to offer me a one time $20 credit or 1600 MR points. As other people mentioned Jet Blue codes purchases as Gift Cards so it doesn't help.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:32 pm

Since American Express changed the terms and condition of the airline credit, does anyone know if they will still reimburse for the Even More Legroom seat upgrade on JetBlue?

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
I just spent $70 on Jet Blue upgrading to more legroom seats. The charge was reimbursed to me within two days.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
Since American Express changed the terms and condition of the airline credit, does anyone know if they will still reimburse for the Even More Legroom seat upgrade on JetBlue?
Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:20 pm

Any news on this? Otherwise I'll give it a try in early January
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:30 am

As promised, I tried:

Jan 7 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement $-95.00
Jan 5 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement $-85.00
Jan 5 JETBLUE AIRWAYS 9010JETBLUE NY $95.00
Jan 2 JETBLUE AIRWAYS 9010JETBLUE NY $85.00

2 * even more space. I bought this after someone else booked the flight for me (using the "change seats" thing).
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:51 pm

I also upgraded one of my upcoming flights ("to test out the waters") to an Even More Space seat and got reimbursed by AMEX 2 days later:

Jan 17 JETBLUE AIRWAYS 9010JETBLUE NY $55.00
Jan19 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement -$55.00
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:16 am

b6 EMS fee's were reimbursed 3 days after posting on the Bus Plat account, I used a total of $220 and received a total of $200.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:26 pm

Question about fees

Hi,
I registered my Platinum for JetBlue and purchased a ticket today. I paid $75.54 in taxes and fees. Will AMEX reimburse a portion of this? How will they know which are seat fees?

Thanks so much....
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Genelle Morris
Hi,
I registered my Platinum for JetBlue and purchased a ticket today. I paid $75.54 in taxes and fees. Will AMEX reimburse a portion of this? How will they know which are seat fees?
It's doubtful that Amex will reimburse any of this, as taxes and fees on a ticket aren't exactly incidental. From the T&C:

Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees.
Please do report back if they are reimbursed, though! ^
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

... How will they know which are seat fees?
Fees are only reimbursed if there is a separate credit card transaction. American Express will not detect them if they are bundled with the ticket purchase. This is mentioned in the benefit terms:

Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:13 pm

Thanks!

We are going to upgrade at check in so that will be separate - I suppose that will be reimbursed. This purchase can go towards the minimum spend.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... upgrade at check in so that will be separate - I suppose that will be reimbursed. ...
Maybe. The program covers fees for seat selection, but not for upgrading to a different cabin. In practice American Express cannot always distinguish, and may reimburse an upgrade if it appears to be a seat selection fee.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Any luck with B6 gift cards?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:27 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much....
Did you get reimburse for the taxes and fees you paid?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I got $102.20 (the cost of a RT flight from Hartford to Washington DC in a big sale) reimbursed on my AMEX Platinum as well as $60 for even more space seats each way. I have no idea how in the world the flight got reimbursed, but I am not complaining!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.