Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Old May 11, 2011, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat

I was thinking of selecting jetblue, will it pay for EML seat fees? I am medallion on delta until 2013 so I don't think selected Delta would be worthwhile. If it does will I have to book it separate from the ticket so it doesn't come across as one charge?
Old May 19, 2011, 6:16 pm

First post. LONG time lurker, first time posting.

Has anyone tried purchasing Jet Blue Gift Cards with this benefit?
Old May 24, 2011, 9:53 am

Smile

I would love to know if people have had success buying gift cards or flights under a $100 with Jetblue and getting them refunded. I am looking to sign up with them because i tend to fly them more often, but since they have free bags i know i probably won't get the full value out of them.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by icculus631
I would love to know if people have had success buying gift cards or flights under a $100 with Jetblue and getting them refunded. I am looking to sign up with them because i tend to fly them more often, but since they have free bags i know i probably won't get the full value out of them.
I selected Jet Blue as my airline of choice for the card. I'm going to try to buy a $50 gift card today. I'll let you know if they reimburse.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:16 am

I don't think the gift card purchase for Jet Blue is going to work. It is displaying as a gift card purchase.

DIRECT MKTG MISC
DIRECT MKTG MISC
Doing Business As: JETBLUE AIRWAYS GIFTCARD
Merchant Address: 300 MISSOURI AVE
JEFFERSONVILLE
IN
Old May 27, 2011, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
I don't think the gift card purchase for Jet Blue is going to work. It is displaying as a gift card purchase.

DIRECT MKTG MISC
DIRECT MKTG MISC
Doing Business As: JETBLUE AIRWAYS GIFTCARD
Merchant Address: 300 MISSOURI AVE
JEFFERSONVILLE
IN
Give it 4 or 5 business days after it posts (no longer pending).
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:12 am

So far, no reimbursement on the $50 Jet Blue gift card I purchased.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:36 pm

AMEX $200 Airline Fee Credit and JetBlue Even More Space?

I have Amex platinum and i just want to know whether $200 Airline fee credit will cover Jetblue Even More Space seat fee? If i upgrade to "Even More Space" seat Jetblue wants to charge me $40 additional. I would be nice if my AMEX can cover that fee under "$200 Airline Fee credit". Did anyone try it yet? Does it cover in flight movies also?

thanks

Last edited by stark4; Jul 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:32 pm

Anyone here order Jetblue giftcards yet? Does it work?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:51 am

I'm going to make another attempt at purchasing the Jet Blue gift cards. I recently flew Jet Blue from PDX to LGB and ordered food plus a number of drinks. I assumed I was reimbursed by AmEx however, it turns out, I was never even charged by the airline. Still have $200 to spend. Here goes nothing.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
I'm going to make another attempt at purchasing the Jet Blue gift cards. I recently flew Jet Blue from PDX to LGB and ordered food plus a number of drinks. I assumed I was reimbursed by AmEx however, it turns out, I was never even charged by the airline. Still have $200 to spend. Here goes nothing.
Any success?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:49 pm

JetBlue

Several posters were trying JetBlue gift cards.
Curious what the result was.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:49 am

No reimbursement for Jet Blue gift cards by AmEx. The description of the transaction reads 'Jet Blue Gift Card' I'm sure that probably has something to do with the reason why they don't give a credit for the transaction. Oh well, it was worth a shot...or two.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: CX Silver
I know several people have tried to buy Jetblue giftcards but wasn't able to get it reimbursed. But have people tried to buy miles from Jetblue and got reimbursed?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by pgm
I have $180 left to spend this year. I tried purchasing a gift card for $99 and it wasn't reimbursed. I have a trip booked for the first quarter of 2012 and thought about upgrading seats but prior to doing so called AMEX and was told extended legroom, upgrades are not reimbusable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I just spent $70 on Jet Blue upgrading to more legroom seats. The charge was reimbursed to me within two days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.