Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I usually get credit for EC seats a day or two after the charge posts.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I ended up getting both credits for the EC

A person earlier mentioned that the amex reimbursement "may" be refunded since Delta refunded the EC fee to me...did this happen to you both?

Also see the link below...
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...y-comfort.html

At the bottom it says...

Effective for Economy Comfort seat purchases on and after April 18, 2013, if a customer voluntarily changes their seat type once purchased, a refund for the original seat purchase will not be provided.

Looks like this trick wont work after April 18th...so its in effect now
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
"Can you get reimbursed for duty free shopping on an international flight. " post page 20

TOS - says not eligible
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Used my Plat to pay for the Economy Comfort for my European flights on 4/20. Called this morning to see the status of my credits and the rep said that the credit was initiated last night and I should see it this afternoon. The credit hit the account this afternoon.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:08 am

Has anyone tried to buy the new eGift Certificates (https://www.delta.com/egift/), if so, please let us know if you get credit or not and what denomination.
Old May 3, 2013, 2:03 pm

In light of Delta offering e-gift cards, can anyone confirm if you make Delta your preferred airline can you get $200 back late this year and again after Jan. 1 buying these e-gift cards?

This card intrigues me due to the 50K bonus.
Old May 4, 2013, 1:44 pm

Delta Gift Certificates Finally Available Online ($200 AMEX Reimbursement)

Delta got a clue. On May 2, 2013, Delta finally made it possible to purchase gift certificates online, at its Web site, instead of having to buy them at an airport counter and deal with an agent who has never issued a paper Delta gift certificate before.

Last year both my wife and I purchased paper gift certificates at an airport counter that were reimbursed under the AMEX $200 incidental fees reimbursement. This just got a lot easier. Do note that gift certificates now are nonrefundable (you used to be able to receive a refund -- minus a 10 percent processing fee -- if one were requested within 12 months of purchase).
Old May 4, 2013, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Do u know if they can be used online?
Old May 4, 2013, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
It seems they can be used online. Also they don't expire. From Delta's website -
Certificates and Cards can only be redeemed using one of the methods specified below:
- Go to www.delta.com/redeem.
- Call Delta Reservations and advise the agent that you are redeeming a Certificate or a Card. In the U.S. and Canada, call 800-221-1212 or 800-225-2525; in Japan, call 0570-077733 or 0476-31-8000; and in all other countries, call the local Delta Reservations office. This method of redemption may result in direct ticketing charges.
- Call Delta Vacations at 800-800-1504. (Travel agents, call 800-727-1111.)
- In person at a Delta City Ticket Office (CTO) or with Delta Airport Customer Service (ACS).
- Through a Delta General Sales Agent (GSA).
Old May 8, 2013, 11:55 am
jk2

I bought a $200 e-gift certificate on May 4. No credit yet. Unfortunately, the charge is posted as "passenger ticket", so I doubt I would get a credit.

Well, it was nice in theory. Probably, I should stick with AA next time.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:03 am

Has anyone tried a lower denomination? I was thinking about getting two $95 eGift certificates before cancelling my card in June (annual fee is coming due).
Old May 22, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO/UA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Anyone had success with e-gift certificates of denominations lower than $200?
Old May 22, 2013, 5:30 pm

DATA POINT: Purchased $50 egift cert on Amex Platinum on 5/11. Credit posted 5/13. Purchased $95 egift cert on 5/15. So far, nothing. Both were under "Travel - Airline" category.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
DATA POINT: Purchased $50 egift cert on Amex Platinum on 5/11. Credit posted 5/13. Purchased $95 egift cert on 5/15. So far, nothing. Both were under "Travel - Airline" category.
So, $50 limit to get it back? Any other reports?
Old May 24, 2013, 2:02 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
So, $50 limit to get it back? Any other reports?
I tried $200 (charge posted 5/4). The credit had never appeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.