Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dkirk2014
Hell All! I bought 3 $50 Delta eCerts and charged a $25 checked bag 3 weeks ago and no refund yet. Any idea why this is or how long it will be?

Have done this twice in the past and it usually took just a few days to post.
Sometimes it can take weeks to post - the delay is quite variable. Took several weeks earlier this Fall.

But while you wait, run a YTD report on your card (Jan 1 2015 to today) and search for all Delta-related charges and credits. Perhaps there were some earlier in the year you forgot about?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jimquan
Data point: $25 bag fee charged to Plat Amex on 12/3. Credit has not yet posted. End of year slow down?

Jim
FYI $25 bag fee posted on 12/12.

Jim
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
Sometimes it can take weeks to post - the delay is quite variable. Took several weeks earlier this Fall.

But while you wait, run a YTD report on your card (Jan 1 2015 to today) and search for all Delta-related charges and credits. Perhaps there were some earlier in the year you forgot about?
Sounds good and thanks for the help!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:48 am

So about to take my last flight of the year on Delta without having used my $100 airline credit. Does this still work if I buy a $100 gift card by 12/31 - just want to know if I should splurge on the flight or get the gift card.

Its AeroMexico booked on Delta to Mexico so I dont think there are baggage fees
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by howgee
I selected the airline 3 days ago, ordered 4x$50 certs the following day just to be safe. Got an email confirmation saying "Please allow 72 hours after receipt of this email before redeeming your eGift Card".

The transactions posted today - as 4 separate entries, like it says in the thread header (I think transactions take up to 48hrs to post, depending on what time of day you make the purchase; mine was late-evening). No Amex credit yet.
Data point: just got the credit.
Cert purchases posted: Dec 10
Reimbursements posted: Dec 18
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:50 pm

4 delta $50 gift cards bought

posted 12/9, reimbursement on 12/19
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:52 pm

Can credits be split? IE say I spend $30, and then $100, I'll still get $100 credit with Premier Rewards ?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
Can credits be split? IE say I spend $30, and then $100, I'll still get $100 credit with Premier Rewards ?
See bullet point 7 in the wiki.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Data points: Registered 12/10 on Amex for DL; purchased 4x50GC 12/11; reimbursed 12/19.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by tsbqb
4 delta $50 gift cards bought

posted 12/9, reimbursement on 12/19
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Data points: Registered 12/10 on Amex for DL; purchased 4x50GC 12/11; reimbursed 12/19.
Originally Posted by howgee
Data point: just got the credit.
Cert purchases posted: Dec 10
Reimbursements posted: Dec 18
These are very standard turnarounds. At this point, anything under two weeks is extremely routine. Probably best to post data points that are outside the box (longer than two weeks) either to seek help or to give a heads up to others.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has anyone been able to get a credit for award redeposit fee of $150?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:05 pm

Data points:
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/1, reimbursed 12/3 (2 days!!!)
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/6, reimbursed 12/16 (10 days)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Quick question - are reimbursements calculated by calendar year of when the charge occurred, or when the credit was issued? Say if I have an eligible transaction on the 26th, but the credit doesn't post until after January 1st, will it count for 2015 still or 2016? Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Have people gotten $50 SDC fees reimbursed recently.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by patrcarl
Data points:
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/1, reimbursed 12/3 (2 days!!!)
2 x $50 GC's to Delta posted 12/6, reimbursed 12/16 (10 days)
Well within normal range. Probably best if we limit reporting to outliers, as many subscribe looking for news on changes.

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Quick question - are reimbursements calculated by calendar year of when the charge occurred, or when the credit was issued? Say if I have an eligible transaction on the 26th, but the credit doesn't post until after January 1st, will it count for 2015 still or 2016? Thanks!
Not sure, but based upon how similar things are handled by Amex, my guess is that transaction date counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.