Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:09 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spedroso13
Where are these instructions? .
Welcome to Flyertalk. The instructions are in the Wikipost at the top of this thread.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:43 am

2x $50 reimbursements showed up today yay!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
My partner's comfort + upgrade purchase from 9/15 was reimbursed automatically today. It's not a gift card but thought it might be useful info.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:17 pm

My GC purchase from two days ago posted today and my friend's August purchase finally posted today too! Being patient is the best long-term strategy.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
It's clear at this point that things have returned to normal. Probably just a technical glitch, some sort of review, or otherwise. Stick by the rules we've compiled in the Wiki and you really can't go wrong.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: SPG, DL
Something I hadn't seen before...

My wife's purchase of an upgrade to first class from mid-September showed up as a credit yesterday. Offer was $90 RT on ATL-DCA, offered at check in on the mobile app.

I knew Comfort + would work (i've used that before) but not FCM! Pretty happy about that.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
I've had success with "Additional Collections" being reimbursed ie purchase one gift card and then use to purchase flight, FCM, additional over Delta $$ voucher, etc. Since the ticket has split tenders, any additional funds charged are classed as an "Additional Collection" and the rest of the money from Amex will post.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:25 pm

Just reiterating - all is back to normal. Got my second set of 2x$50 reimbursements automatically.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
I have about $143 fee reimbursement associated with an award ticket that I have since canceled. I am on my fourth call to Delta to have that fee refunded - different story for a different post - but once it is, how will that be handled? Will AMEX un-do the credit? It is getting closer to year end, so want to be sure I look for the credit another way if need be!

In the midst of all this, my AMEX card number also changed due to fraudulent use - which just seems to be adding to the fun......
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:38 pm

interesting found
9/30 AM, booked Delta reward ticket, paid $11.2
9/30 PM, cancelled ticket because wrong date. $11.2 was refunded.
10/2 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement posted, $11.2

maybe just book reward tickets, and cancel it later, 72hrs before departure time (no fee for DL GM, PM, DM)???
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:10 pm

Hi - I'm new to this forum (pretty excited) and this is my first post.

Purchased 2 gift cards on Delta site ($50 each) through my PRG on 7th and it got reimbursed on 11th. It is working!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mooper
It's clear at this point that things have returned to normal. Probably just a technical glitch, some sort of review, or otherwise. Stick by the rules we've compiled in the Wiki and you really can't go wrong.
My personal feeling is they really wanted to see what would happen if they enforced the rules and not let people get the credits for gift cards. I think they realized it was a mistake. Could be wrong, but sure sounds like it. What kind of glitch could last for well over a month? I certainly was going to cancel our two cards over this.

Glad they changed their minds.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:41 pm

bought 4 $50 egift card, posted as passenger ticket, not sure if $200 can be reimbursed.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:46 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by superpanjy
...posted as passenger ticket, ...
I believe this is addressed in the Wikipost:

eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-cert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
I believe this is addressed in the Wikipost:
finger crossed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.