Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA DL
I went ahead and bought 2 $50 GCs with my PRG couple days ago and credit posted in 2 days.

Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:07 pm

Is there an easy way to determine how much of my fee credit benefit I have used and have remaining without sifting through old statements? Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i know this is probably answered somewhere, but do GC purchases that recieve a credit back count toward (this also goes for the global entry $100 fee). if i'm trying to meet $3000 and spent $200 on GCs and $100 on global entry and they get reimbursed, do i need to only spend $2700 more?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Is there an easy way to determine how much of my fee credit benefit I have used and have remaining without sifting through old statements? Thanks
Use the online search function to easily pull up the credits for the selected date range.

Originally Posted by odin99
... do GC purchases that recieve a credit back count toward (this also goes for the global entry $100 fee). if i'm trying to meet $3000 and spent $200 on GCs and $100 on global entry and they get reimbursed, do i need to only spend $2700 more?
No, they won't count. Using your example, you'd still have to spend $3,000 more.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:32 pm

Had a baggage fee on the 2nd, reimbursed yesterday. Still waiting on two GCs from 9/11 to trigger.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:58 am

Bought two gift cards on my PRG on Saturday, as expected they initially showed up as a single $100 pending charge. Posted on Monday as two separate $50 charges, credit for both received on Tuesday.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by medo
So far the only hard solution is to contact AMEX,------- And as long as you're not a complete retard----- I say retard because some people panic -----
FTFY

Hmmm....there's a loophole on this card and it didn't work out. Whose advice should I take about calling? The guy whose been here since 2004 or the guy who joined last month?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:47 am
get

I bought 2 GC for my PRG and my wife got 4 GC for her Amex platinum and we all got credit back. All are $50 denomination.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:07 pm

Still waiting on reimbursement for a skyclub pass from 9/15 and several onboard food and beverage purchases from 9/20 on my platinum
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Auerbach
Still waiting on reimbursement for a skyclub pass from 9/15 and several onboard food and beverage purchases from 9/20 on my platinum
So this is weird. I just chatted with Amex again about this. As mentioned above, I had a $50 skyclub pass and about $24 in in-flight purchased last month that hadn't been reimbursed. I told the rep that I previously contacted Amex about this, that I was told I had to wait 4 weeks for them to manually issue the credit, but that I read this morning that Amex's system was having glitches with purchases prior to 9/27, and that they had to be manually put through. I told them I'd prefer to just have it taken care of now instead of having to contact Amex a third time about this once the 4 weeks is up. The rep replied that he had issued me a $200 credit and that it would post within 24-48 hours. That's right. They issued me a $200 credit even though I only made $74 in airline purchases. Sounds like they realize their system had a problem and they're now in "put out all these little fires" mode. The rep didn't even ask any questions. He just issued me the credit. If this posts correctly (I will update if/when it does), this means I don't even have to both with GCs to use up the remaining $126, which would be great.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:19 pm

Purchased 4 x $50 gift cards from the DL website as posted in the instructions on a day I did not have a flight scheduled, and was automatically reimbursed 2 days later!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:51 pm

Took a chance...bought 2 $50 gift cards. Pending as $100, posted as 2 different $50 charges yesterday. Waiting...now...
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: VX Gold, WN CP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
2 -$100 GC Credits

I purchased 2 $100 GC's from Delta with my Amex Plat Card on July 14th. My annual fee comes up in 3 days, so I figured I should give the credit a shot. I used the online chat feature. The agent researched my account, and credited the $200 without any trouble, apologizing for the length of time it had been, and then finally thanking me for contacting them regarding the credit due. Thumbs up, Amex.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jonebgood
Purchased 4 x $50 gift cards from the DL website as posted in the instructions on a day I did not have a flight scheduled, and was automatically reimbursed 2 days later!
Where are these instructions? I'm flying delta next week and interested in buying gift cards on the same day as the flight. The thought is looking better when possibly haven't to fight for the reimbursement.

Last edited by mia; Oct 9, 2015 at 5:07 am
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tteibel
I purchased 2 $100 GC's from Delta with my Amex Plat Card on July 14th. My annual fee comes up in 3 days, so I figured I should give the credit a shot. I used the online chat feature. The agent researched my account, and credited the $200 without any trouble, apologizing for the length of time it had been, and then finally thanking me for contacting them regarding the credit due. Thumbs up, Amex.
Did you read the Wiki, and if yes, why did you purchase $100 GCs and expect them to be credited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.