Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:55 pm

Last week I used my Amex Platinum card to get into the Delta Sky Club lounge, and also purchased a 1-day Delta lounge pass for $50 for my traveling companion a few days before the flight. When we checked into the lounge, the rep at the check-in desk said that I could have gotten my friend a one-day pass for $29 with the Amex platinum card had I purchased it at the check-in desk on the day of our flight. I was not aware of that benefit (I'm sure its buried in this thread somewhere), but does anyone know whether that would still count as a reimbursable airline incidental fee had I done it that way?

tl;dr Does Amex credit $29 Delta lounge passes purchased at the lounge check-in desk the same as they do the $50 Delta lounge passes purchased in advance?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Data point:

Looks like the $50 GC loophole is over. I purchased 2 $50 GCs coded in my paper statement as tickets LA to LA and have not been credited.

A TSA precheck enrollment fee was credited in four days.

YMMV. Jim
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jimquan
Data point:

Looks like the $50 GC loophole is over. I purchased 2 $50 GCs coded in my paper statement as tickets LA to LA and have not been credited.

A TSA precheck enrollment fee was credited in four days.

YMMV. Jim
Has it been 4 weeks yet?

Also, they've always posted like that: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21907633-post395.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22191949-post474.html

It's not looking good on the automatic reimbursement. At the same time however, it's not entirely dead. There are a number of reports of MPX reimbursements happening automatically, albeit taking the full 4 weeks.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by missing_link
Has it been 4 weeks yet?

Also, they've always posted like that: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21907633-post395.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22191949-post474.html

It's not looking good on the automatic reimbursement. At the same time however, it's not entirely dead. There are a number of reports of MPX reimbursements happening automatically, albeit taking the full 4 weeks.
Date of transaction for the $50 GCs was 26 August.

Jim
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:53 pm

I bought 2 DL $50 gift cards that posted 9/1. I went ahead and chatted with a AMEX and the rep said she manually applied the credit and should be seen within 5 business days.

I'll report back once I see the credit. But for those who have waited around the same time, you may want to consider the chat function if you are getting nervous.

FYI, I was never asked what the charge were for. I only told them that my incidental charges had not been credited.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
One month later to the day I purchased my DL GCs:

Edit: you're going to have to chat with AMEX to get this done on any DL charge, folks. Something's screwed hard.

Last edited by droidcore; Sep 30, 2015 at 5:02 am
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:55 am

Automatic?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Automatic?
It doesn't appear like anything is being reimbursed automatically (at least on DL).
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:05 pm

So I just finished a chat with amex. Stated I had not received a credit for my plat card yet for the airline fees. They asked what day and the amount. The guy found the 2x$50 ecerts. Asked what they were for. Stated they were "extras" associated with a flight I had purchased the same day. Rep asked if they were for baggage. I hesitated, and before I responded he said he would just classify it as "other" and will be credited manually.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by medo
I bought 2 DL $50 gift cards that posted 9/1. I went ahead and chatted with a AMEX and the rep said she manually applied the credit and should be seen within 5 business days.

I'll report back once I see the credit. But for those who have waited around the same time, you may want to consider the chat function if you are getting nervous.

FYI, I was never asked what the charge were for. I only told them that my incidental charges had not been credited.
FYI credit posted this morning.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:44 pm

4 $50 cards purchased 8/30. went through chat and was told reimbursement will post within 48 hours. reimbursement for GC's is apparently not dead, but definitely delayed
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:52 am

I had to do a chat to get my lounge access and cert credited too. I just purchased to delta comfort seats too so we will see if those get auto credited this time or if I have to do it via chat again.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:53 am

tl;dr Does Amex credit $29 Delta lounge passes purchased at the lounge check-in desk the same as they do the $50 Delta lounge passes purchased in advance?[/QUOTE]

Yes the $29 is a part of the approved fees...$21 lesson learned!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Macosty
tl;dr Does Amex credit $29 Delta lounge passes purchased at the lounge check-in desk the same as they do the $50 Delta lounge passes purchased in advance?
Yes the $29 is a part of the approved fees...$21 lesson learned![/QUOTE]

ty!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:53 pm

safe to buy 2x $50 dl gcs on prg??? seeing lots of credits on AA. reps stating delays were due to a glitch.... just have another $50 gc from delta gold and want to load up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.