Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I assume that the fee for Econ Comfort upgrades are reimbursed?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:22 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I assume that the fee for Econ Comfort upgrades are reimbursed?
Technically, seat upgrades are not covered, right?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by NDN
Technically, seat upgrades are not covered, right?
EC is covered. The alternate interpretation is that EC is a seat "assignment" fee, not an UG since it's still in the Y cabin.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:07 am

I just purchased 4 $50 gift cards under the same transaction (under the guise and instructions on the sticky), yet my pending charge is one $200 transaction. I'm very nervous that this is now going to come in as a single transaction and I'll be stuck having to pay for these gift cards. Can anyone confirm if the transaction remains pending as 1 $200 but actually posts as 4 $50 transactions?

Thank you
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Does anyone know if the Miles Booster will be reimbursed as a fee? I know not the best value, but hey 6,000 SkyPesos for free...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Does anyone know if the Miles Booster will be reimbursed as a fee? .
This is an easy one. Click: Search this thread, and use the keyword booster. Most recent report is in post 597.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
This is an easy one. Click: Search this thread, and use the keyword booster. Most recent report is in post 597.
Thank you! I read through this thread about a week ago and must have missed that.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jets47
I just purchased 4 $50 gift cards under the same transaction (under the guise and instructions on the sticky), yet my pending charge is one $200 transaction. I'm very nervous that this is now going to come in as a single transaction and I'll be stuck having to pay for these gift cards. Can anyone confirm if the transaction remains pending as 1 $200 but actually posts as 4 $50 transactions?

Thank you
you'll be fine
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by socrates
you'll be fine
Thank you for the confidence! I was getting nervous about this.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jets47
Thank you for the confidence! I was getting nervous about this.
It always works like this... just relax
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:12 pm

Anyone notice that it takes longer to get reimbursed with the Biz Plat? Is this common? Just looking at last years statement, it took about a month to actually get the credits for 4 Delta $50 E certs...I purchased the same this year on 1/28, still haven't been reimbursed

Last edited by jgroll57; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:00 pm

Do the egifts ever work before 72 hours? I just purchased 4x$50 and will probably want to book a trip tomorrow.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:25 am

Hi,

First post! Just wanted to let everyone know that the method works just fine. I bought 4 eGifts in the same transaction. The final transactions posted on 3/4 and the 4 credits were applied on 3/6
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:00 pm

Does the rebranding of EC to "Comfort+" affects anything w/reimbursements? I'm assuming it's just in name, but haven't seen reference to Comfort+ in this thread.

Can you use gift cards to purchase Comfort+ on the website? If Comfort+ shows up differently on the charges for some reason, then perhaps this is a safer route?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:09 pm

I purchased my first $50 e-certificate on the 11th and then three more on the 14th. Still haven't been reimbursed for any of them :-/

I also have not been reimbursed for the global entry fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.