Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone have any Luck with DL Gift Certs? As a DL PM, I am still not sure what I can get reimbursed on besides a $150 change fee.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Anyone have any Luck with DL Gift Certs? As a DL PM, I am still not sure what I can get reimbursed on besides a $150 change fee.
I haven't heard of it as only tried other airlines. However, if you take a look at the terms it doesn't look incredibly favorable at least not to me.
You can only purchase them at a ticket office or airport. When you want to redeem, you can't redeem it online.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
Hey, thanks for the reply. You bought 400 .50 $ cards?? haha
I can't find where to buy gift cards the only thing i see is this:
https://www.delta.com/help/contact_u...x.jsp#purchase
and this is not redeemable online...

Thanks again
This is what I am going to try. Going to do 2 $100 one's and see. Should work and I will spend one way or the other with DELTA!^
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
This is what I am going to try. Going to do 2 $100 one's and see. Should work and I will spend one way or the other with DELTA!^
Let me know if buying miles works!!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Anyone had any luck with a $99 companion ticket? My wife has one and we're about to use to it to book a flight for Memorial Day weekend.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Thanks, are you going to buy that from DL ticketing office?
I saw that you cannot redeem that online which means - fees when you book though the office, no?

Please let me know if you got reimburse for those... thank you mate!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Sounds like anything reported without a ticket number and under a certain dollar threshold is going to post correctly and get reimbursed.
DL.com one way ticket w/reported ticket number, under $100 = reimbursed
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
Thanks, are you going to buy that from DL ticketing office?
I saw that you cannot redeem that online which means - fees when you book though the office, no?

Please let me know if you got reimburse for those... thank you mate!
I am going to buy NOT MILES but 2 gift certs for travel when at the airport next time. Yes I will have to go to the airport to cash them in or I can mail them in as well. Either way if I get the $200 credit they are free money and if not I will use them anyway for flights!

I will advise (it will take a while my next flight is JUNE!)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by dohvegas
DL.com one way ticket w/reported ticket number, under $100 = reimbursed
Can you explain more?

Are you saying that a one-way ticket on DL.com was reimbursed?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:24 pm

I recently purchased a couple of delta tix priced at about $170, used a $75 voucher on each ticket which brought eaach down to about $94 and got a credit on the amex for the $94 per ticket 3 days later.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:22 pm

Anyone have any luck yet with purchasing a Delta Gift cert?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Anyone have any luck yet with purchasing a Delta Gift cert?
I might try to just end this long debate on here
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:50 am

Anyone with recent luck on Delta? Still trying to figure out what to do...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
This likely isn't actually going to help you, but I'd booked an award ticket for my (no status) mother and did OLCI for her and paid the bag fee with the AmEx Plat. Credit posted very shortly thereafter. Sure, I'm not getting the money back myself, but I'm doing something nice for a family member, which counts for something in my book.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Plat
Anybody know if I book an award ticket on DL, will the taxes and fees be covered by the $200 credit? All it is says is:

Delta Airlines
Doing Business As: DELTA AIR LINES
Merchant Address: ATLANTA AIRPORT
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES
Category: Travel - Airline

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.