Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:28 pm

Searched and couldn't find this:

Is the $200 airline credit applicable towards in-flight Wi-Fi? Would love Wi-Fi for DTW to NRT leg.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by standingoten
Would love Wi-Fi for DTW to NRT leg.
Two problems:

Service is not available outside the continental USA and Alaska as shown. Some parts of Alaska may experience interruptions.
...this service is land based, not satellite. You might have it for the early portion of the flight. (If you are on DL 275, WiFi does not appear to be offered.) Read more here:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ght-wi-fi.html

2. The service is billed by GoGo, not the airline, and will not be reimbursed.

Last edited by mia; Dec 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by standingoten
Searched and couldn't find this:

Is the $200 airline credit applicable towards in-flight Wi-Fi? Would love Wi-Fi for DTW to NRT leg.
They have WIFI on that route?

Rob
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by CBS9000
If I pay to upgrade to J on a flight, might that trigger the reimbursement?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:02 am

Co-Branded Card

Does the $200 credit work on a Amex Platinum Delta Co-Branded card? It looks like it should, but then it does not "go through" per the agent on the phone. Trying to determine if it is a card problem or agent problem.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by broncob
Does the $200 credit work on a Amex Platinum Delta Co-Branded card? It looks like it should, but then it does not "go through" per the agent on the phone. Trying to determine if it is a card problem or agent problem.
It is only a benefit of the unbranded platinum cards and even then only certain issuers (ie US issued cards have it but I don't think Canadian issued platinum cards have it though with a higher annual fee it might have been added?).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
It is only a benefit of the unbranded platinum cards and even then only certain issuers (ie US issued cards have it but I don't think Canadian issued platinum cards have it though with a higher annual fee it might have been added?).
Thanks sbjnyc!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Gift Card or SkyClub Pass?

Originally Posted by mdlee337
Has anyone had any success in getting reimbursed for a DL gift card or one day Sky Club pass? I'm trying to figure out what do do with the credit.
mdlee337, I purchased 2 Sky Club passes and was reimbursed immediately. I do not think Delta sells gift cards on their website, at least not that I can find.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone use a mileage booter recently and had them reversed? Be nice to have an extra 12000 miles even if the price kind of sucks.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:52 am
jk2

Originally Posted by Thomps000
Anyone use a mileage booter recently and had them reversed? Be nice to have an extra 12000 miles even if the price kind of sucks.
I used it (MB) in last days of December and was reimbursed.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Awesome, thanks JK!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:41 pm

DL GC Recap -- Am I correct?

My understanding is that...

1) DL GCs must be purchased at the airport
2) DL GCs can only be redeemed telephonically
3) DL GCs must be purchased in increments of $100 or lower

Is this correct?

Additional questions:

1) Assuming DL GCs must be redeemed by phone, is there a phone booking fee for these bookings?
2) Is there an expiration on DL GCs?

My sense is that it's a lot of work to do this with DL. I may explore another airline, even though DL is the major airline for me.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
JK, How many miles did you buy? I was thinking of buying 12k miles which would be $236, but not sure if I would get reimbursed because of the size of the transaction.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:16 am

I did exactly that a few days ago (in 2013) and it was reimbursed promptly. I bought three mileage booster options on three separate legs for an upcoming flight, and it actually posted as three separate charges.

Originally Posted by Thomps000
JK, How many miles did you buy? I was thinking of buying 12k miles which would be $236, but not sure if I would get reimbursed because of the size of the transaction.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Economy Comfort

Economy Comfort charges on DL reimbursed by Amex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.