Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
So what is the best way to get this money... I get 3 free bags... upgraded on almost all my flights... Duty Free is out of the question. I get into the Sky Club for free anyway with the card plus for flying international.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by AFONTANEZ
So what is the best way to get this money... I get 3 free bags... upgraded on almost all my flights... Duty Free is out of the question. I get into the Sky Club for free anyway with the card plus for flying international.
You could buy my EC seats for me

Seriously, though, maybe buy some SC day passes to give to friends/family, or for yourself when not flying DL? Buy drinks/food for other pax in Y?

This won't help until next year, but if you get most fee-based stuff for free already on DL, you might consider choosing a different airline that you maybe fly less on, but would have to pay for more things on. Looks like you're elite on several, but surely there must be small differences?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:15 am

Did a search of this thread and didn't see anything about Mileage Booster. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!

Last edited by Derf; Jul 14, 2012 at 8:25 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:49 am

Nobody has tried this? I have $40 left and thought it might be good idea to add 2,000 Delta Miles to my upcoming trip for $39 with their "Mileage Boost" feature if it would be reimbursed by Amex. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Derf; Jul 14, 2012 at 8:24 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Derf
Nobody has tried this? I have $40 left and thought it might be good idea to add 2,000 Delta Miles to my upcoming trip for $39 with their "Mileage Boost" feature if it would be reimbursed by Amex. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
I haven't tried this, but for forty bucks maybe you can take one for the team and report back!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Derf
FYI, I tried this and it worked like a charm!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:36 pm

I also got credit for the mileage booster.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info about mileage booster. It's not quite as "clean" as just buying miles (especially during one of DL's 100% bonus promos) but is a nice option now that straight purchases seem to be banned.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Those who got reimbursed for the award builder:

How many miles did you buy to get the credit?

1k, 2k, or 3k?

I am cutting over from Personal Plat to biz Plat so trying to eat up the $200 before I cancel. Sky Club passes are my fall back but would rather have the miles than deal with eBay selling the passes.

FYI I just bought 3k from Mileage Booster for my flight tomorrow.

I used personal Plat Amex. I will report back if I get the $59 back or not.

Another data point from a week ago:

Sky Club Luxury bar does NOT get credit back under the $200 program.

FYI

Foo.

Last edited by mia; Aug 1, 2012 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:04 am

Data Point:

I bought 3,000 miles via mileage booster for my last flight. $59 credit posted fast no problems. Buying another for my flight this week to clear out the rest of my airline credit before canceling the card.

Foo
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:37 pm

Second go at buying miles boost 3k miles for $59 also refunded (up to my annual max) so cost me $8 out of pocket for 3k miles. Not bad! ^

That cleans out my Amex platinum card for the year so I will now cancel it.

Foo
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:21 pm

Thanks guys. Just paid $118 for miles boost on my r/t. Will report back when/if it's credited.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:38 am

Thanks for the tips about Mileage Booster. It prompted me to look at the DL site to find out more, and I came across this Award Builder page:

https://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/award_builder/

Is this the same as Mileage Booster? I don't have my next flight scheduled yet, but if I haven't used the $200 credit by the end of the year, it's worth making a purchase here as it's valid for 12 months and would be applied to the next flight.

With regard to SkyClub day passes, this was my other option and then offer them for sale for a bargain price, but I notice one has to provide the name of the individual who will be visiting. Does that mean people wait to purchase the day passes until they know who they are going to give them to?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I am not a Delta flier, but Award Booster and Mileage Builder appear to be separate. Read here:

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/milea...ster/index.jsp
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA, KE, OZ
Just another data point. I also did a mileage booster: $39 for 2000 miles and was credited a day after the charge posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.