Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jackal
Server error tonight.

Edit: followed instructions to sign out and try as a guest. Success!

Also success calling to change the Amex from UA to AS for the last few days of 2015. ^ (I hadn't used any of the credit yet.)
^
Now make sure you complete this for 2015
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I bought two $100 certificates on Monday, purchased a ticket with them in my Alaska wallet yesterday, and they officially posted to my American Express account today. Here's hoping I'm eventually reimbursed!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:48 pm

late!

ouch, forgot I had another $25 to redeem this year. Just purchased it online couple of hours ago. Probably too late for 2015 :\
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bizum
ouch, forgot I had another $25 to redeem this year. Just purchased it online couple of hours ago. Probably too late for 2015 :\
I don't think it's too late. As long as you bought it before Alaska submits their nightly credit card batch, it'll post to your account as of today's date. I've been buying them in the late evening each day this week and they have been posting to my account as of the purchase date (e.g. the one I bought at 8:30pm PT on 12/28 posted to my account on 12/30 with a purchase date showing online of 12/28).

Just bought my last one--first $50 one was on the 28th. No credits posted to my account yet, but I wasn't expecting them to start crediting for at least another day or two (and with the bank holiday tomorrow, it may not be until Monday), so I'm not worried.

Charges do post with a title of "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA" but the detailed description is showing "AIRLINE FBO" and the category shows as "Category: Travel - Airline."
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
2x $100 purchased 12/29 and reimbursed 1/1. Thanks AMEX -- confirmed FC ticket for $8 out-of-pocket!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 2, 2016 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Purchased $100 Alaska Airlines gift card on 12/28
....$100 AMEX Alaska Airlines reimbursement credit posted on 1/2/16

Purchased $100 Alaska Airlines gift card on 12/30
....$100 AMEX Alaska Airlines reimbursement credit posted on 1/4/16

Last edited by VIT-B; Jan 5, 2016 at 12:14 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Hmm. I just checked my PRG account and I was reimbursed for a one way ticket that was $68. I did also buy a $50 gc a couple days later and was reimbursed an additional $32. Maybe the fix for that blip that stopped all reimbursements earlier is responsible? Or...it's just a one-off.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Purchased 2x$100 gift certificates online Jan 1, credit posted Jan 3.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:25 pm

Purchased $100 - 12/29
Reimbursed - 1/1

Purchased 2x$50 - 12/30
Reimbursed - 1/2
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
$100

Bought $100 gift cert on 1/1, reimbursed by 1/3
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:35 pm

Thumbs up phew!

Originally Posted by jackal
I don't think it's too late. As long as you bought it before Alaska submits their nightly credit card batch, it'll post to your account as of today's date. I've been buying them in the late evening each day this week and they have been posting to my account as of the purchase date (e.g. the one I bought at 8:30pm PT on 12/28 posted to my account on 12/30 with a purchase date showing online of 12/28).

Just bought my last one--first $50 one was on the 28th. No credits posted to my account yet, but I wasn't expecting them to start crediting for at least another day or two (and with the bank holiday tomorrow, it may not be until Monday), so I'm not worried.

Charges do post with a title of "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA" but the detailed description is showing "AIRLINE FBO" and the category shows as "Category: Travel - Airline."

Purchased on dec 31st
Reimbursed jan 3

To make it more interesting I switched my airline choice from AS to DL on Jan 1 :P
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:38 am

Just tried to purchase a gift certificate, looks like the website is throwing back an error right now. Hope it gets fixed soon; would like to get my $200 sooner than later (in case Amex pulls the deal).
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Just tried to purchase a gift certificate, looks like the website is throwing back an error right now. Hope it gets fixed soon; would like to get my $200 sooner than later (in case Amex pulls the deal).
Have you tried purchasing a gift cert without being logged into your Alaska account?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:33 pm

logging in

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Have you tried purchasing a gift cert without being logged into your Alaska account?
Last week I did notice that I was only able to complete the purchase without being logged into my AS account.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
THANKS! That did it. Strange.

I'll report back if I get my $100 Gift Card payment reimbursed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.