Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 15, 17, 8:13 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.

Link to buy gift certicates

As of around June 2017, multiple reports indicate that gift certificates are no longer being reimbursed.

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem.

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 15, 1:12 am   #226
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal
Server error tonight.

Edit: followed instructions to sign out and try as a guest. Success!

Also success calling to change the Amex from UA to AS for the last few days of 2015. (I hadn't used any of the credit yet.)

Now make sure you complete this for 2015
beckoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 15, 2:54 pm   #227
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS - Gold; HHonors - Diamond; Priority Club - Spire; SPG - Platinum; Marriott - Platinum
I bought two $100 certificates on Monday, purchased a ticket with them in my Alaska wallet yesterday, and they officially posted to my American Express account today. Here's hoping I'm eventually reimbursed!
Points Scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 15, 6:48 pm   #228

Programs: Po boy club
late!

ouch, forgot I had another $25 to redeem this year. Just purchased it online couple of hours ago. Probably too late for 2015 :\
bizum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 15, 9:54 pm   #229
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVP (ex-75K), AA GLD, UA (ex-1K), AGR (ex-S+), HZ PC, Nat'l Exec, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizum View Post
ouch, forgot I had another $25 to redeem this year. Just purchased it online couple of hours ago. Probably too late for 2015 :\
I don't think it's too late. As long as you bought it before Alaska submits their nightly credit card batch, it'll post to your account as of today's date. I've been buying them in the late evening each day this week and they have been posting to my account as of the purchase date (e.g. the one I bought at 8:30pm PT on 12/28 posted to my account on 12/30 with a purchase date showing online of 12/28).

Just bought my last one--first $50 one was on the 28th. No credits posted to my account yet, but I wasn't expecting them to start crediting for at least another day or two (and with the bank holiday tomorrow, it may not be until Monday), so I'm not worried.

Charges do post with a title of "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA" but the detailed description is showing "AIRLINE FBO" and the category shows as "Category: Travel - Airline."
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 15, 11:36 pm   #230
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS - Gold; HHonors - Diamond; Priority Club - Spire; SPG - Platinum; Marriott - Platinum
2x $100 purchased 12/29 and reimbursed 1/1. Thanks AMEX -- confirmed FC ticket for $8 out-of-pocket!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 2, 16 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 2, 16, 12:42 pm   #231

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold...
Purchased $100 Alaska Airlines gift card on 12/28
....$100 AMEX Alaska Airlines reimbursement credit posted on 1/2/16

Purchased $100 Alaska Airlines gift card on 12/30
....$100 AMEX Alaska Airlines reimbursement credit posted on 1/4/16

Last edited by VIT-B; Jan 5, 16 at 12:14 pm Reason: Update
VIT-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 16, 6:49 pm   #232

Programs: AS, AA, UA, BA, AV; SPG, Hilton
Hmm. I just checked my PRG account and I was reimbursed for a one way ticket that was $68. I did also buy a $50 gc a couple days later and was reimbursed an additional $32. Maybe the fix for that blip that stopped all reimbursements earlier is responsible? Or...it's just a one-off.
TEDisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 16, 5:54 pm   #233
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS 75K, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Silver
Purchased 2x$100 gift certificates online Jan 1, credit posted Jan 3.
SFOPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:25 pm   #234

Purchased $100 - 12/29
Reimbursed - 1/1

Purchased 2x$50 - 12/30
Reimbursed - 1/2
c0wtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 16, 7:34 pm   #235

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
$100

Bought $100 gift cert on 1/1, reimbursed by 1/3
jbutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 16, 9:35 pm   #236

Thumbs up phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I don't think it's too late. As long as you bought it before Alaska submits their nightly credit card batch, it'll post to your account as of today's date. I've been buying them in the late evening each day this week and they have been posting to my account as of the purchase date (e.g. the one I bought at 8:30pm PT on 12/28 posted to my account on 12/30 with a purchase date showing online of 12/28).

Just bought my last one--first $50 one was on the 28th. No credits posted to my account yet, but I wasn't expecting them to start crediting for at least another day or two (and with the bank holiday tomorrow, it may not be until Monday), so I'm not worried.

Charges do post with a title of "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERTSEATTLE WA" but the detailed description is showing "AIRLINE FBO" and the category shows as "Category: Travel - Airline."

Purchased on dec 31st
Reimbursed jan 3

To make it more interesting I switched my airline choice from AS to DL on Jan 1 :P
Old Jan 6, 16, 10:38 am   #237

Programs: AS Gold 75k, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, MLife Platinum
Just tried to purchase a gift certificate, looks like the website is throwing back an error right now. Hope it gets fixed soon; would like to get my $200 sooner than later (in case Amex pulls the deal).
Single_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 16, 11:22 am   #238
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Just tried to purchase a gift certificate, looks like the website is throwing back an error right now. Hope it gets fixed soon; would like to get my $200 sooner than later (in case Amex pulls the deal).
Have you tried purchasing a gift cert without being logged into your Alaska account?
Old Jan 6, 16, 12:33 pm   #239

logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Have you tried purchasing a gift cert without being logged into your Alaska account?
Last week I did notice that I was only able to complete the purchase without being logged into my AS account.
Old Jan 6, 16, 4:01 pm   #240

Programs: AS Gold 75k, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, MLife Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
THANKS! That did it. Strange.

I'll report back if I get my $100 Gift Card payment reimbursed.
Single_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote