Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25-30k MR to Upgrade Business Gold to Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
any lucky lately in generating this offer somehow?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:16 am

Yes, if you have an active BGR and want the 50k for 10k spend in 5 months its still active. Call the number listed earlier in the thread 800-647-8575 they will take inbounds and if you are eligible they can upgrade your account and activate your bonus. I actually used to work there and there is a lot of things we couldn't tell you on the phone about how/when to upgrade and downgrade to get the best benefits so if you have questions on how to beat the system you can ask me here.

Last edited by callertalk; Jan 28, 2016 at 8:34 am
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by callertalk
I actually used to work there and there is a lot of things we couldn't tell you on the phone about how/when to upgrade and downgrade to get the best benefits so if you have questions on how to beat the system you can ask me here.
I took advantage of this offer in Sept, bonus posted in Nov. Paid prorated annual fee then. Now, my anniversary just came up and full annual fee posted. Called for retention offer (I'm pretty experienced with the song and dance and usually do well) but could not get anything across two calls. Both times the rep mentioned just receiving the 50k points. Thinking about just downgrading back. Can this offer be gotten again? Any other useful info for me?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mh4ll
I took advantage of this offer in Sept, bonus posted in Nov. Paid prorated annual fee then. Now, my anniversary just came up and full annual fee posted. Called for retention offer (I'm pretty experienced with the song and dance and usually do well) but could not get anything across two calls. Both times the rep mentioned just receiving the 50k points. Thinking about just downgrading back. Can this offer be gotten again? Any other useful info for me?
The bonus offer is valid every 12 months. We often got inbound calls for people wanting the offer and they saved our number from the past. As long as they haven't been platinum in the past 12 months they are valid for the promotion again. American Express tells you that its only once per account but they will let you do it as many times as you want on a single account.

tl;dr If you downgrade, you can get the point offer again after 12 months.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
The bonus offer is valid every 12 months. We often got inbound calls for people wanting the offer and they saved our number from the past. As long as they haven't been platinum in the past 12 months they are valid for the promotion again. American Express tells you that its only once per account but they will let you do it as many times as you want on a single account.
That is cool. Does that guideline apply to other upgrades as well? e.g. Hilton regular card to Hilton Surpass?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:11 pm

Yes, if you have an active BGR and want the 50k for 10k spend in 5 months its still active. Call the number listed earlier in the thread 800-647-8575 they will take inbounds and if you are eligible they can upgrade your account and activate your bonus. I actually used to work there and there is a lot of things we couldn't tell you on the phone about how/when to upgrade and downgrade to get the best benefits so if you have questions on how to beat the system you can ask me here.
I just got the BGR and BP in the same day (1 pull). Can I upgrade to t he BP for a bonus after I get the first bonus? I will then have 2 BPs
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
I just got the BGR and BP in the same day (1 pull). Can I upgrade to t he BP for a bonus after I get the first bonus? I will then have 2 BPs
If there is still a point bonus on the BGR then no you wont be eligible until you complete that, if you have already gotten your bonus then yes you can upgrade to platinum.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
That is cool. Does that guideline apply to other upgrades as well? e.g. Hilton regular card to Hilton Surpass?
apologies, but I can't confirm that, I never dealt with those cards. If I was still employed there I would search it for you. My guess would be the same policy applies.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:18 pm

If there is still a point bonus on the BGR then no you wont be eligible until you complete that, if you have already gotten your bonus then yes you can upgrade to platinum.
Right so I'll spend the 5k, get the BRG welcome bonus, then call that number to upgrade to the BP for bonus?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:21 pm

Right so I'll spend the 5k, get the BRG welcome bonus, then call that number to upgrade to the BP for bonus?
Right, if your not eligible then they will just tell you over the phone. use extension 61907 if it asks for one.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:09 pm

tl;dr If you downgrade, you can get the point offer again after 12 months.
If I currently have platinum with business A and gold with business B, can I upgrade Business B and get the bonus?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:43 pm

Right, if your not eligible then they will just tell you over the phone. use extension 61907 if it asks for one.
Thanks! Do these reps have the authority to give you the offer even if you aren't targeted for it? Can I call them to try and convince them to upgrade a PRG to Peronal Plat? (Without a bonus even)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
If I currently have platinum with business A and gold with business B, can I upgrade Business B and get the bonus?
Yes, having the first BPlat will not disqualify you from getting the bonus on your other card.
Thanks! Do these reps have the authority to give you the offer even if you aren't targeted for it? Can I call them to try and convince them to upgrade a PRG to Peronal Plat? (Without a bonus even)
They can give you the offer even if your not targeted. The main requirement is just that you haven't had the Bplat on that account in the past 12 months, otherwise they can upgrade you with the bonus if you request it.

They do not have the authority to do anything for your personal cards unfortunately, they only deal with the business charge cards.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:25 am

Upgrade BRG to BRP for 50K Points for 10K Spend?

Amex called me today and said due to my great relationship with them (ha), that they wanted to offer me an upgrade to my Business Rewards Gold. They said the offer was they would convert my card to Business Rewards Platinum and would give me a credit of 50K MR points after 10K spend. I've previously done heavy MS so the spend isn't going to be a problem. I originally was planning on cancelling the BRG before the annual fee hits in September, but this offer has me slightly intrigued. They said they would prorate the annual fee charge in September. I'm not sure exactly what that means although it sounds like a percentage of the $175 BRG fee and a percentage of the $450 BRP fee. Guessing I should go for it. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Historically, upgrades from Gold to Platinum (personal or business) offered a smaller bonus, but required no spend. These larger contingent offers are relatively new. Previously holding the same card has no effect on eligibility for an "upgrade" offer.

Prorating the annual fee is simple arithmetic. They will divide the Gold annual fee by 12, and refund the unearned months. They will bill the full Platinum fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.