Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Network "Gift Chain"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by jammanxc
i wish you would've won the great seatmate contest... your video was clearly the best!
Lol thanks although I fell off the technological bandwagon. My video was as simple as it gets using only my iPad lol. I really enjoyed watching all of the videos there were some great entries!!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I just got a $2 statement credit for a WM purchase, so I'm pretty sure this means they are in rollover gifts now. Nothing good left there.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:07 am

Are you kidding me? I'm starting to feel majorly jipped. I just got two of these emails:

Congratulations! The next time you shop at you
will receive a $15 Off Next Purchase, courtesy of The Gift Chain from American
Express.

Simply use your registered American Express® Card again at
to make a minimum purchase of $
by no later than February 29th, 2012, and you will receive a $ credit on your Card statement. It's that easy.

So now I have to make another purchase. Truthfully I'd be happier with a $2 credit.... Bummer
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:22 am

So far, I've received two 250 point credits to my AmEx card from my gift card purchases on Walmart (this happened yesterday 11/30) and one shop runner enrollment from NM.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:40 pm

Location: A place where I have just enough status to want more, but can't afford it!
Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Just bought a $25 Starbucks card from Walmart and ended up with a 1 year ShopRunner membership. It's a good deal considering I would have spent that money buying a starbucks card anyway.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Ok, so now I'm having lots of my WM GC's starting to ship, but the odd thing is the emails say that the total billed is $0. It says I bought a $25 GC for $0. I'm hoping that I get them all and it's just a screw up on the email. Every single email from WM says the same thing, with different order numbers and delivery dates, so it's not just 1 screwy email from them, but all of them. FWIW, none of my pending charges from WM have settled yet. See below.

Your Current Shipment(s)

Item Qty Price Total

Merry Christmas 2011 Walmart Gift C
1 25.00 25.00
Arrives by Fri., Dec 9
Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home.
Shipping Method: USPS First Class
Tracking #: #
TC Number:

TC Code:
Shipping Address:
xxx

Your Billing History

Billing Address:
xxx
Details
Total
Date: 12/1/2011
Payment Method: AMEX
Subtotal: $ 0.00

Order Total: $ 0.00
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:57 pm

I just noticed the same thing on my walmart shipping emails.... I'm sure we're ok... my card was charged.

I also got the rest of my gifts today- no longer waiting on any
here's the updated post
http://justanotherpointstraveler.blo...thanks-to.html
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'm continuing down the REI $25 gift card cycle. Last night's purchase took a while for a gift to arrive , it was a $15 statement credit , arrived mid-day ...

so this evening I went back to REI.com , surprisingly AMEX sent 2 gift confirmation emails for one purchase, a $15 statement credit towards REI.com and a $20 statement credit
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Boeingaaa
Just bought a $25 Starbucks card from Walmart and ended up with a 1 year ShopRunner membership. It's a good deal considering I would have spent that money buying a starbucks card anyway.
Alas, looks like the Starbucks GCs are sold-out at WMT.

Mike
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
I'm continuing down the REI $25 gift card cycle. Last night's purchase took a while for a gift to arrive , it was a $15 statement credit , arrived mid-day ...

so this evening I went back to REI.com , surprisingly AMEX sent 2 gift confirmation emails for one purchase, a $15 statement credit towards REI.com and a $20 statement credit
I was gifted a $50 statement credit to REI late last night for a purchase earlier in the afternoon. Used it this morning and instantly got a $5 statement credit.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:26 pm

Ventee Privee (or however it's spelled) is offering a $20 statement credit for your fist purchase on the AmEx card, plus it's part of the gift chain.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Purchased gift card from Pottery Barn yesterday, as of this afternoon, no gift received. How do you receive gifts etc, who do you contact?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by benjy
Purchased gift card from Pottery Barn yesterday, as of this afternoon, no gift received. How do you receive gifts etc, who do you contact?
give it up to 48 hrs , in my experience some of the more complex gifts take longer to process. The "$5 statement credit" gifts arrive within 5 mins
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:49 am

I bought 2 $25 GC from Gamestop two days ago and as of today no emails? Is it normal? It's been about 48 hrs already.

Assuming I registered my business card instead and used my Gold Premiere card for purchase; does anyone know if I register my gold card now after the purchase if it will recognize my purchases and will my purchases before registration count?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I bought 2 $25 GC from Gamestop two days ago and as of today no emails? Is it normal? It's been about 48 hrs already.

Assuming I registered my business card instead and used my Gold Premiere card for purchase; does anyone know if I register my gold card now after the purchase if it will recognize my purchases and will my purchases before registration count?
Nope, it won't work retroactively. But you could try registering your premier card and see if it takes it. If it takes it, you'll know it wasn't registered earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.