AMEX Network "Gift Chain"

Subscribe
Yikes! What are the odds, huh? 4 out of 4. That stinks!

I got a ShopRunner for one card already. I guess it'd be useful for the occasional use when I shop at those retailers (it'd be useful if it covers shipping from a major retailer like Walmart or Apple or Best Buy). Still, it wouldn't be fun to get another ShopRunner membership so I'll probably try a retailer that doesn't offer that 'gift' in that category (even though a Walmart category is probably the most flexible to me).

Quote: This is ridiculous. I've ordered from both Toys R Us and Walmart twice each (total of 4 orders), and I've now gotten 4 1-year subscriptions to ShopRunner. Has anyone else gotten anything decent (other than $5 Godiva card)? These "prizes" aren't worth anything that I've gotten.
I'm having better luck now. I've now also gotten 3 $10 Walmart cards and 4 $10 Am Ex cards. So I've got double digit Am Ex's registered, 10 times per card, I should be able to score a huge chunk (I'm shooting for $1000 worth). I guess my staff will get Walmart Gift Cards this year for Christmas instead of Target ones .
Today's slower than yesterday for mystery-gift emails. Anyone else experiencing that? I called Amex and asked. They said it's a system-wide delay. Oh Amex the jitters ye give.
Quote: Today's slower than yesterday for mystery-gift emails. Anyone else not getting prizes for a purchase today? I called Amex and asked. They said there's a system-wide delay. Oh Amex the jitters ye give.
I am, but the gifts aren't as good. Last night it was at least $10 each gift, now I'm getting some $5 and even a $2.25 statement credit. Still hoping to hit it big. Good thing I spend lots of $$ at Sams for the Biz so I can use all the WM gift cards!
I think they may send out the notifications in batches. I made several purchases during the afternoon yesterday. About 8 hours after my purchases, within 2 minutes of each other I received three gift notice emails late last night. Then at 5:30 this morning received 2 more, a minute apart. It is really the luck of draw what you get. I've gotten a $15 credit which I used to go but another gift card at the same store and then from at purchase I got a $50 AMEX card for me & 3 friends to share on FB! Also got two $20 GC, a $10 statement credit, a $15 statement credit and a shoprunner subscription. Compared to what other people are getting I'm happy.
I haven't gotten a "gift" email in the last 2 hours. Not sure if I'm tapped out on gifts (using numerous cards), or if they are just slower processing now. I've got about 15 orders that I haven't gotten the "gift" yet, so I'm gonna cool it until I get some "gifts".
I placed a WalMart order last night and received their confirmation, but so far no gift email.
REI purchase not working
So, I made an online REI purchase about 24 hrs ago , still nothing from AMEX .. was about $28 total , hasn't shipped yet
hahah, i charge my platinum card 10k minimum a month.. never get rejected by a retailer until today's purchase of Walmart GC's...

I bought 5 walmart gift cards.. on the 6th one, my card declined online. This better not trigger a financial review! I get an email immediately from AMEX:

Fraud Protection Alert

Please call us at 1-800-824-9289

For Your Security:

Dear xxxxxxx,

For your security, we regularly monitor accounts for possible fraudulent activity. Please review the attempted charge below which occurred within minutes of the timestamp of this message.

Transaction Date: 11/29/11

Merchant: WAL MART COM

Amount: 25.00

Currency: USD

Case Number: xxxxx

Please call us as soon as possible using the number on the back of your Card to verify these attempted charges. You can also call American Express Account Security directly at 1-800-824-9289. You should have your American Express Card handy when you call.

Some transactions are pre-authorized before the final sale. These can include purchases made at gas stations, hotels, and car rental merchants. Please note the amount shown above may not reflect the exact amount of your final transaction.

If we've already spoken to you about this matter, please disregard this message. No further action is required.

Thank you for your Cardmembership.

Sincerely,

American Express Account Security
Fraud Prevention Network

P.S. To learn how to protect yourself on the internet and for information about Identity Theft, Phishing and Internet Security, please visit our Fraud Protection Center at americanexpress.com/fraudprotection.
All right, I'm gift-chained out. I bought $100 in gift cards to REI in total, which I can use, and got back $50 in Amex credits and gift cards. The numbers are good, but the record-keeping is a high cost on sanity. The energy and time it's taken and will take to sort this out and ensure the bits and pieces post is almost too much. Almost. It's like a mini-Grand Slam. (No offense, Grand Slam, you know I need you.)
I got my REI gift this morning , a day and a half after purchase - 500 MR points , roughly what I would have earned if I used the REI credit card
I made a second purchase after receiving the bonus points gift , this time just a $25 gift card , a few minutes later I received a $5 statement credit - the statement credit will be scheduled after January 8th
Spent about $100 at NM, received the shoprunner discount.
Here's my haul so far:

9 REI $25 gift cards:
  • (7) $5 Statement Credits
  • (1) $20 Amex Gift Card
  • (1) $10 Amex Gift Card + 3 $10 Amex Gift Cards for Facebook friends

1 Walmart $25 gift card got me the Shoprunner deal
I just tried my luck... here's what I got so far

Bed Bath & Beyond $25 Gift Card - My gift was the infamous shoprunner subscription
Game Stop $25 gift card (still waiting on gift)
Game Stop $25 gc (still waiting on gift)
$25 Red Lobster Gift card purchased from walmart ($5 statement credit)
$25 AMC gift card purchased from walmart ($5 statement credit).

I might go ahead and buy more... hey at least I am getting my gambling on...