FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   AMEX GC Class Action Settlement -- Kaufman? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1277615-amex-gc-class-action-settlement-kaufman.html)

MilesDavis11 Nov 8, 2011 6:36 am

AMEX GC Class Action Settlement -- Kaufman?

I received a postcard in the mail yesterday about the "Kaufman Class Action Settlement" against American Express.

I'm assuming they had my information because I've purchased some AMEX Gift Cards within the past year. It claims that "AMEX breached its contracts and violated the law by allegedly failing to adequately notify gift card purchasers, recipients, holders and users of the full terms and conditions applicable to, and allegedly misrepresenting the value of, gift cards it issued."

It says to process claims through this web site at www.KaufmanClassActionSettlement.com or contact the administrator at 1-866-680-3343

Anyone else heard about this? Is this real?

scotty00 Nov 8, 2011 6:39 am

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11 (Post 17411859)
Anyone else heard about this? Is this real?

Yes, it's real, but it's not miles and points related.

MilesDavis11 Nov 8, 2011 6:45 am

I just thought that there were enough people on this forum who have purchased AMEX GC's for the purposes of earning miles and points, that they'd want to know about it.

Sorry if this is old news, or belongs elsewhere...

mikeef Nov 8, 2011 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11 (Post 17411893)
I just thought that there were enough people on this forum who have purchased AMEX GC's for the purposes of earning miles and points, that they'd want to know about it.

Sorry if this is old news, or belongs elsewhere...

Thanks for the info! I got the same postcard, although I don't think I ever paid Amex any fees (other than the fees to order).

I'm going to alert a moderator, who can choose to leave it here or move it to the Amex forum with a re-direct.

Mike

lakers6902 Nov 8, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks for the info! I've bought numerous Amex gift cards within the past year and will definitely be keeping an eye out for any post cards.

MilesDavis11 Nov 8, 2011 7:57 pm

I don't think you really need the postcard... if you go to the web site you can file a claim I believe.

AlohaDaveKennedy Nov 10, 2011 11:18 am

We wuz robbed! Never woulda cashed out those thousands of AMEX gift cards on coins if I new AMEX would have to cut me a check with no fees! So inquiring minds wanna know - can we go on an AMEX no fee/low dollar value GC/with a cash rebate spending spree, run the cards to below $25 on the balance and use the AMEX cash machine to get checks to pay the balance off?

Get Cardinal Biggles on the phone - I think Cardinal Fang is having a massive heart attack!:p

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11 (Post 17416462)
I don't think you really need the postcard... if you go to the web site you can file a claim I believe.

lakers6902 Nov 10, 2011 11:55 am

I still can't believe Amex ripped me off with all those gift cards I bought.

I am utterly disgusted with that company.

AA_EXP09 Nov 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by lakers6902 (Post 17426858)
I still can't believe Amex ripped me off with all those gift cards I bought.

I am utterly disgusted with that company.

They didn't do anything to me.....

dkauf Nov 16, 2011 8:13 pm

I received this notice too and was really confused because my last name is Kaufman and I thought it had something to do with me personally!