Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: A few
I just got my MB Plat. The benefits book is exactly the same as the regular Plat card. Also the specific terms & conditions confirm zero foreign transaction fee.

I look forward to reporting success on the $1k MB voucher when our lease comes up for renewal next Spring.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I look forward to reporting success on the $1k MB voucher when our lease comes up for renewal next Spring.
I just got my kit too. Like you, I have a lease flipping in the Spring and was looking forward to using the $1,000 voucher for my new lease. However, in reading the fine print, the way I read it is that if you meet the minimum spend threshold, they will send you a voucher at the end of 12 months (not when you meet the spend threshold, as I would have assumed/expected). This is really disappointing to me, of course, because by then I will have had to already re-lease some new car. So I guess I am losing this benefit entirely (at least until another 3 years, when I do my second next lease).
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by thesilb
I just got my kit too. Like you, I have a lease flipping in the Spring and was looking forward to using the $1,000 voucher for my new lease. However, in reading the fine print, the way I read it is that if you meet the minimum spend threshold, they will send you a voucher at the end of 12 months (not when you meet the spend threshold, as I would have assumed/expected). This is really disappointing to me, of course, because by then I will have had to already re-lease some new car. So I guess I am losing this benefit entirely (at least until another 3 years, when I do my second next lease).
Good catch. You get it 6-8 weeks after the end of the Reward Year, which is defined as 12 billing periods in a row beginning with the one in which the anniversary of your Card Account occurs.

I will call in to try and expedite this as I'm not waiting 3.5 years to benefit from this. Failing expediting I may look at extending existing lease or swap into a short ending one on leasetrader
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:48 pm

Found smoking gun here. I have pdf'd this page for future reference:

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

Read note 8, specifically:

It will typically take from 6-8 weeks after you reach $5,000 or more in eligible purchases each year to receive your certificate from Mercedes-Benz Financial Services

Seems pretty clear to me and think they will have to honor that
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Excellent find, many, many thanks. I thought I remembered that. So the package they send with the card is inconsistent. Let's stay in touch about our successes in getting it honored? My lease is up in April.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:39 pm

Excellent find, many, many thanks. I thought I remembered that. So the package they send with the card is inconsistent. Let's stay in touch about our successes in getting it honored? My lease is up in April.
indeed - same here, lease due mid-April... but i plan to hit them up for the cert as soon as i reach $5k spend
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: Centurion
i saw this, but unless they start offering $199 or $299 C-class lease specials.. 1% is not enought
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Though this is pretty much dead... I figured I'd chime in and give you all an update about the card.

Applied, got it, came. Same thing as the regular Amex platinum card. The only difference seen was theres an extra page in the terms and conditions that states the extrea rewards you get as a mbz user.

Doubt I'll ever use the mbz rewards, just wanted the 50k bonus so figured I'd give Amex an extra 25 bucks for the security of knowing that I'll get my full bonus.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
$25 is pretty cheap for a $1000 discount on a new MB, $100 a year for accessories and up to 2000 xs lease miles (typically charged at 20cpm), as well as the 5x on whatever you can put on your card for acquisition.

COUNT ME IN!
they charge 25c now, I'm 2,000 over so that's $500 value already.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by lakers6902
... just wanted the 50k bonus so figured I'd give Amex an extra 25 bucks for the security of knowing that I'll get my full bonus.
Have you already had the regular Platinum recently? Is that why you were concerned about getting the full bonus?

Last edited by ddallas; Oct 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
I am not very familiar with Amex so I apologize in advance if my questions are novice.

We have two Mercedes on leases coming up for renewal, want to lease two new Mercedes and I am trying to figure out the best strategy. I assume probably the best strategy is just to apply for 2x $475 cards. But is there any concept of a $175 per year second member on one of these cards? I don't see any mention of it, though above some people have said these are "just like" regular platinum cards which I know do have the $175 extra user feature.

But even if this feature were available on this card, what does an "extra user" get? Another $1,000 Mercedes certificate? That seems too good to be true. Before I pull the trigger on 2x $475 applications, just want to get a reality check on best strategy. Thank you!
you can also join the Mercedes Benz Club of America, and after twelve months for $45 membership fee, you become a member in good standing and get a $1,000 discount certificate off the purchase or lease.

http://www.mbca.org/benefit/2011-loy...rds-program-us
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by ddallas
Have you already had the regular Platinum recently? Is that why you were concerned about getting the full bonus?
I've held Amex cards but never a Plantinum. Too much debate going on in the other threads about whether or not a bonus will post, and something that I didn't feel like dealing with. I'll hit the spend limit at the end of this billing cycle so will post up when I hopefully get the points posted.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:40 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Applied for this card as it looks like an upgrade from the regular Plat. Can't wait to get the 50k MR!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Never posted my final update here, i was told that i got no MR points for upgrading to this card, tried calling a couple times and twittering. 0 MR
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Never posted my final update here, i was told that i got no MR points for upgrading to this card, tried calling a couple times and twittering. 0 MR
Not sure what you were upgrading from, but if you were going from the original Platinum it says right in the terms that you are not going to get the points.

This offer is not valid for existing American Express Platinum Cardmembers. You are eligible to receive bonus points for only one Card account. Additional Cardmembers are not eligible. Bonus ID-6565

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.