Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by bigbuy
Applied using TOR last Thursday after trying on my browser and getting the not eligible language. Received card on Saturday. Spent 3k on Monday. 75k points posted today.
U currently hold regular platinum?
Old May 28, 2016, 4:50 am

My mom has a personal platinum, which she plans to cancel within the next two days. Can she still get mb plat 75k bonus if applying by 6/22? (She never had mb plat before.)
Old May 28, 2016, 5:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
My mom has a personal platinum, which she plans to cancel within the next two days. Can she still get mb plat 75k bonus if applying by 6/22? (She never had mb plat before.)
Yes
Old May 28, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by milesjjcc
U currently hold regular platinum?
No, but I did recently cancel the Business Platinum.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes
Is it necessary to cancel her current platinum before applying to the 75k mb platinum?
Old May 28, 2016, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Is it necessary to cancel her current platinum before applying to the 75k mb platinum?
no
Old May 31, 2016, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
Well I hope Amex won't enforce this. I just applied the MB platinum 75k and the Business Gold 75K yesterday and both cards were instantly approved. Never had the MB platinum before but currently hold the personal platinum. Will report back if I get the bonus points.
Reporting back, just hit the $3K spending requirement on Friday and the 75K points has been posted to my account. I also hold the personal platinum card at the moment.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I just got approved for a business gold two months ago. Will that have any effect on my odds of approval for this one?

Also, for the gift certificate for spending $5000/year - how long is the cert good for?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:27 pm

Wiki

I think wiki should be modified that Amex doesn't enforce the terms currently & you can get bonus even when you hold other platinum cards
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
I have been looking into switching my AMEX Platinum to a Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum for some time mainly b/c only $25/year more gets me $1000 of a new MB and the $100 MB merchandise credit more than makes up for the difference if I don't. I've been looking at 2 options:

OPTION 1: Convert my AMEX Platinum to a Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum. This avoids a hard inquiry but I would miss out on the 75k signup bonus.

OPTION 2: Apply for the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum, spend $3k, earn 75k miles, cancel next year. Then convert old regular AMEX Platinum to Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum to preserve credit history of original card. It appears that people who already have a regular AMEX Platinum card are getting the bonus for the Mercedes-Benz card even though it's stated otherwise.

If I go with OPTION 1, would that render me ineligible to get a signup bonus for the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum for life since AMEX would not issue a signup bonus for someone who ever had a card in the past? If it would, I'd be inclined to go with OPTION 2 just so I'd get my once in a lifetime signup bonus. If it wouldn't, I'd be inclined to go with OPTION 1.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by EricUSC
I have been looking into switching my AMEX Platinum to a Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum for some time mainly b/c only $25/year more gets me $1000 of a new MB and the $100 MB merchandise credit more than makes up for the difference if I don't. I've been looking at 2 options:

OPTION 1: Convert my AMEX Platinum to a Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum. This avoids a hard inquiry but I would miss out on the 75k signup bonus.

OPTION 2: Apply for the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum, spend $3k, earn 75k miles, cancel next year. Then convert old regular AMEX Platinum to Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum to preserve credit history of original card. It appears that people who already have a regular AMEX Platinum card are getting the bonus for the Mercedes-Benz card even though it's stated otherwise.

If I go with OPTION 1, would that render me ineligible to get a signup bonus for the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum for life since AMEX would not issue a signup bonus for someone who ever had a card in the past? If it would, I'd be inclined to go with OPTION 2 just so I'd get my once in a lifetime signup bonus. If it wouldn't, I'd be inclined to go with OPTION 1.
I highly doubt you'll be able to convert your cards. I tried converting my Personal Platinum to the Schwab Platinum and they couldn't do it. I had apply for the Schwab Platinum and then cancel the other. Then I had the CSR move the prorated refund to the Schwab card.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i think if you product change, they wouldn't give you the bonus in the future. could be wrong...
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DrForce
I highly doubt you'll be able to convert your cards. I tried converting my Personal Platinum to the Schwab Platinum and they couldn't do it. I had apply for the Schwab Platinum and then cancel the other. Then I had the CSR move the prorated refund to the Schwab card.
I had no idea. I thought that personal charge cards can be product changed to other personal charge cards (i.e. Platinum to PR Gold). Maybe there is an exception to Platinum branded cards (i.e. MB Platinum, Ameriprise Platinum, etc)? Anyone else have experiences in trying to product change a regular Platinum card to a branded Platinum card?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:08 pm

Anyone have success in applying for this card today? Not having luck with the current link.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Thrilla
Anyone have success in applying for this card today? Not having luck with the current link.
google american express mercedes benz platinum and it should be the first result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.