Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Scroll back to post 665 and read forward.
Thank you. I'm still a little unclear as to what the ABA/UA discounts are. Are they certificates as well? I assume you have to pick one.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I will guess that ABA is the American Bar Association, while UA would be United Airlines. I expect someone else will be able to fill in the gaps.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
I will guess that ABA is the American Bar Association, while UA would be United Airlines. I expect someone else will be able to fill in the gaps.
Ya I was wondering if these are physical certificates that can be hidden until all prices are finalized and negotiated for, or are these deals that you have to mention when you walk into a dealership. Big difference.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
Ya I was wondering if these are physical certificates that can be hidden until all prices are finalized and negotiated for, or are these deals that you have to mention when you walk into a dealership. Big difference.
UA are miles you are given if you have UA Chase credit card of status with UA. ABA is a fleet program that you have to mention at the begging of the process. I believe there is no negotiation involved just that one price.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:39 am

AmEx MB Plat: When does $1000 cert toward MB purchase post?

Looking to buy or lease new MB.
AmEx Plat MB has
A $1,000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease
of a new Mercedes-Benz.

When does it post - as soon as spent hit or after 1 yr?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stevento
AmEx Plat MB has
A $1,000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease
of a new Mercedes-Benz.

After spent hit. About 8 weeks after I had to call and escalate to manager because I did not receive it. They emailed me a scanned copy. They said they shipped it 1 week after spending was done.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:19 pm

thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:35 am

How to justify platinum when I have the Mercedes Benz platinum

So I was looking to add the Amex prg today but when I was on the american express website there was an offer for 75k to open the platinum.

I saw it and applied since it was better than the 50k prg I was seeing. The thing is the application required I call amex. I called and the office is closed today (Sunday). I am however wondering what I'll say if they ask why I opened the card when I have the MB platinum. The honest answer is the 75k bonus but I doubt that will be a legit reason to give customer service. I'm hoping they just want to talk to verify it's not identity theft, but want to be prepared if they ask why I'm applying when I essentially have the platinum product already.

Any suggestions?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by act0fgod
So I was looking to add the Amex prg today but when I was on the american express website there was an offer for 75k to open the platinum.

I saw it and applied since it was better than the 50k prg I was seeing. The thing is the application required I call amex. I called and the office is closed today (Sunday). I am however wondering what I'll say if they ask why I opened the card when I have the MB platinum. The honest answer is the 75k bonus but I doubt that will be a legit reason to give customer service. I'm hoping they just want to talk to verify it's not identity theft, but want to be prepared if they ask why I'm applying when I essentially have the platinum product already.

Any suggestions?
The bonus is a legit reason. Why offer it if not to entice people to get the card?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I have NEVER had any problems getting similar cards from AmEx, and I've gotten a LOT of similar cards at once.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:09 am

AmEx Plat MB has
of a new Mercedes-Benz.

I would imagine as soon as you spend $5K. I quit at $3K to get the points. You should have received the $100 bonus MB spend certificate.

I signed up for this card thinking it was $1,000 a year, but apparently you can only use it once. Unless you are buying another car later ...

I probably will cancel because leasing is expensive and you can only it one time per car. If they only let you use it on their certified used cars. Oh well.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:46 am
Suspended

Does the regular MB card ever go above a 10k points offer?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:27 pm

Yeah so Amex seems to be ok with stating the bonus was the draw. I was honest and said I was planning on getting the PRG for the category bonus's but the 75k promotion changed my mind.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:12 am

I am about to buy a new MB.
Got $1000 off cert and ready to go.
Found a dealership that will allow a full charge on the card ($54K).
Will the entire charge be subject to 5x?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I am about to buy a new MB.
Got $1000 off cert and ready to go.
Found a dealership that will allow a full charge on the card ($54K).
Will the entire charge be subject to 5x?
😱

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.