Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I was reading the T&C and noticed this little gem about PC: "The Mercedes-Benz Platinum Cardmember's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests."

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is not the case with my regular Amex Plat which only covers the cardholder. Can anyone confirm this is indeed the case and not a typo or wishful thinking on my part? If that is indeed the case and if I'm also eligible for 50000 points (although I didn't find anything in the T&C language that would state 1st time only) I would seriously be tempted to get the MB Amex for another year because I'm going to drop my Amex Plat anyway when it expires in December.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It is correct, however it is referring to accessing the US Airways, Delta, or AA clubs directly and NOT using the priority pass card which is just the card holder.

You can access any US Air club whether or not you are flying US.

You can also use the Priority Pass card to access PP Clubs but that is just the card holder and no guests. Sometimes they are the same clubs and sometimes they are not.

For example, the US Airways club in Philly is also part of PP. However, the US Airways club in Charlotte is NOT (or wasn't the last time I checked).

Showing your Platinum Amex will get you into both, but showing the Priority Pass will only get you into the Philly one. Just an example of the different access each card (and you will have both (Platinum and PP)) gets.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mnscout
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is not the case with my regular Amex Plat which only covers the cardholder.
This is identical to the benefit provided with the standard Platinum Card.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:41 pm

Well I applied for the Mercedes Platinum Amex yesterday. Was approved instantly online and received the card today.

Really quick turn around (less than 24 hours from application to receiving card).
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by r.brown
Well I applied for the Mercedes Platinum Amex yesterday. Was approved instantly online and received the card today.

Really quick turn around (less than 24 hours from application to receiving card).
Same here, applied over the weekend and got the card today. Gotta love it when they expedite our cards without even requesting.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for clarification, guys. Anyone had any problems getting the card due to having a regular Amex Plat in the past?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Nada :(
Is there any reason that someone would get the regular amex plat over this card?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kfennell
Is there any reason that someone would get the regular amex plat over this card?
Sure... because most of the world could care less about owning a Mercedes and therefore see no point, whatsoever, in paying even a slightly higher annual fee for something they would never, ever use.

Regards
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: Nada :(
Originally Posted by scubadu
Sure... because most of the world could care less about owning a Mercedes and therefore see no point, whatsoever, in paying even a slightly higher annual fee for something they would never, ever use.

Regards
But there doesn't seem to be a 50k point public offer for the platinum card unless I am mistaken, and the extra points from this one cover the difference for like 10 years membership.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:12 pm

Correct, as far as I could find, the regular platinum's best offer is currently 25k points.

I mentioned this in the "Current Best Offer" link at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html that you could always just sell the $100 accessories coupon for $25 and break even.

I would be interested in trading for that $100 accessories coupon if someone is not going to use it. The terms do not say they are not transferrable.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Why only 25$? I'm planning on selling mine for 50$
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by lakers6902
Why only 25$? I'm planning on selling mine for 50$
Just saying $25 to "break even" but yes it will sell for more than $25 - but so many people do not see the benefit off spending the extra $25 for the MB edition and place $0 value on this.

On a side note - anyone with the MB Platinum, have you been able to upgrade to Tripit Pro - it keeps telling me I am only able to upgrade as an Amex card holder for $35 and not free.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: A few
I think you guys are placing a high value on the cert. I value the $100 cert at around $10-20. Yes I can get an MB Polo Short for $100 that is worth maybe $10-20.

The real value is in the main benefits, the 50k sign up, the $1000 discount and the 5x on MB spend (useful for servicing costs)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Still waiting on my cert to show up, if anyones looking to sell theirs, ill buy it off them I do need a couple things for my car.....
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Is the GC transferable? It has my name and info on it, and I'm supposed to sign it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.