Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Amex connect with MB, no need for you to let them know. ie for the cert to be issued etc. they issue the sign up bonus when you hit 3K within three months, and MB issue the 1K Silver Star Certificate when you hit 5K. it's issued within a week or two of paying the account, and it expires after a year.

but you will have to show your Amex card to the dealership when at lease end to get the 2K miles credit.

i've got an expired one sitting on my desk. i got a better discount through my American Bar Association membership.

those that have status with UA, and MileagePlus Club card holders also get the UA discount, which can exceed the 1K disc also. none of them are stackable, other than the offer to Veterans.

also, for your $100 cert, suggest you look online at the full catalogue, get the product numbers and give them to dealer to order in, the dealers only have a limited amount of the full range.
Thanks - the mileage is what interests me..... Certificate is useless since doesn't stack with fleet discount
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:01 am

Has this card been discontinued? any active links for it? i just got approved for it this week but now all links seem dead.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by emkay
Has this card been discontinued? any active links for it? i just got approved for it this week but now all links seem dead.
cld be the case, just noticed this link reverts to "no longer available"

i'd give them a call.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:08 pm

may be coincidental, but yesterday i received an amex survey regarding my MB plat card, so maybe they're assessing it.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:16 pm

Its back
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:57 am

Offer has been upped to 75k/$3k
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Yeah just got approved for the 75k with 3k spend offer! I have been waiting for something close to the 100k, and this sounds good plus with the addition of MB since I am planning on buying one later this year.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:58 am

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks for the heads up everyone! Applied and approved for the 75K/$3K offer today... weird, it looks like the Platinum version only has a 5x bonus on Mercedes purchases and 1x everywhere else, unlike the non-Plat version which has 3x and 2x categories as gas and restaurants?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AwardBee
... it looks like the Platinum version only has a 5x bonus on Mercedes purchases and 1x everywhere else, unlike the non-Plat version which has 3x and 2x categories as gas and restaurants?
Correct, but this isn't weird it's typical of the way American Express and other issuers price cards. Expensive cards focus on benefits, rather than rewards.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:27 pm

+1 -- not weird at all. If you want the higher MR earn rate then get the PRG. Don't just simply assume that Platinum>Gold>Green.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:15 pm

Has anyone gotten the benz card while still carrying the personal plat? Any issues getting the bonus?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Macosty
Has anyone gotten the benz card while still carrying the personal plat? Any issues getting the bonus?
yes, different products, sign up bonus on both^
Old May 1, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I already got the personal platinium will amex approve me for another platinium charge card?

I currently have a American Express Platinium Charge Card and I just applied for the Mercedes Benz version of the Amex platinium charge card, will I still get the bonus?

Last edited by mia; May 4, 2016 at 7:16 am
Old May 1, 2016, 5:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Macosty
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
yes, different products, sign up bonus on both^
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I already got the personal platinium will amex approve me for another platinium charge card?
This appears to be the same question asked by Macosty, and answered by Tim O'Brien. We cannot know if American Express will approve your application, but we know that these are separate products. Holding one does not preclude applying for the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.