Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
so we just make spend $5000 a year on this card on anything and we get a $1000 credit for a new mercedes? I just want to make sure. Does anyone have the phone number to the mercedes rewards department?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
if we cancel this card will the mercedes certificate still work and can we make returns on this card
Old May 24, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I plan to buy a MB soon, I wonder how soon do you get the $1000 cert after spending $5K? T&C says it'll take 6-8 weeks, I wonder if it actually takes that long in practice.

Also, I plan to do European delivery, I wonder if anyone knows if this cert can be applied to that.

Finally the current offer is 50K MR, I wonder if anyone have seen better offer on that. I know regular plat seems to have 100K MR regularly?
Old May 25, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by allanfan
I plan to buy a MB soon, I wonder how soon do you get the $1000 cert after spending $5K? T&C says it'll take 6-8 weeks, I wonder if it actually takes that long in practice.

Also, I plan to do European delivery, I wonder if anyone knows if this cert can be applied to that.

Finally the current offer is 50K MR, I wonder if anyone have seen better offer on that. I know regular plat seems to have 100K MR regularly?
i have received the cert within a week or two of paying the credit card bill, on several occasions.

you do the deal at your local dealership, i'm sure it will be accepted.

also if you have any status with UA, let them know, takes a few bucks off, and in future, taking out a membership in the Star Magazine, saves $500 too, but you must have been a member for a year, when you make your purchase/lease. Ask them about memberships/associations, for example ABA members get varying discounts by vehicle type up to 4K, and are stackable.

And i suggest you don't give them any of that info, the stackable discounts, until you negotiate your best price.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:33 am

i believe the wording on the certificate is 'off your best negotiated price'... thus i think it should work off EU delivery. so i wouldn't take out the certificate until you've negotiated everything else, like somebody already suggested.

funny thing is, i'm from CT originally and now live in minneapolis, we just got an MB and the dealer told me here they don't do EU deliveries, while in CT i remember it was possible.

also, i don't think i ever saw a public offer above 50K.

Old May 26, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Iridium7777
funny thing is, i'm from CT originally and now live in minneapolis, we just got an MB and the dealer told me here they don't do EU deliveries, while in CT i remember it was possible.
Actually you don't have to go to a local dealer to do EU delivery, I know a dealer in CA can do EU delivery nationwide. Although I'll prob go with my dealer in CT, as that dealer appears to be the only one that I talked to that was able to do more than the standard 7% discount.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: A few
Actually you don't have to go to a local dealer to do EU delivery, I know a dealer in CA can do EU delivery nationwide. Although I'll prob go with my dealer in CT, as that dealer appears to be the only one that I talked to that was able to do more than the standard 7% discount.
It is my understanding that with EU delivery the 7% discount is on TOP of dealer negotiated price ... but could definitely be wrong. If it is could be very compelling
Old May 26, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
It is my understanding that with EU delivery the 7% discount is on TOP of dealer negotiated price ... but could definitely be wrong. If it is could be very compelling
Nope, vast majority of dealers will only do 7% off MSRP without any negotiation (especially on popular models like CLA). It's pretty hard to find a dealer that is willing to negotiate.

Also, it's my understanding that dealers make less money on EU delivery than the traditional way, thus few dealers are enthusiastic about it.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping to check on any recent data points indicating that this is treated as different product from regular plat amex and its posiible to get bonus for former personal plat card cardholders
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Bumping to check on any recent data points indicating that this is treated as different product from regular plat amex and its posiible to get bonus for former personal plat card cardholders
yes to all
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:57 am

If I am a current personal Platinum cardholder, can I sign up and get the Mercedes Platinum bonus? Or do I need to cancel regular Platinum first and then wait some period of time?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:21 am

According to johnnie198x and Tim O'Brien on page 33, AMEX still considers Mercedes Platinum and regular Platinum as two separate products.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by MingCP3
According to johnnie198x and Tim O'Brien on page 33, AMEX still considers Mercedes Platinum and regular Platinum as two separate products.

As far as we know, this still holds true, correct?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by gpen1827
As far as we know, this still holds true, correct?
Yes, separate products^
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Confirmed, two separate products. I currently have personal Platinum, applied for MB Plat and received 50k MR bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.