Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I keep trying to apply for the Mercedes Benz platinum card and I am receiving an error message "Our systems are not responding." I've been getting that for two weeks.
I had the same problem. I think you may be using an older link that is no longer recognized.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
is there a current link?
Old May 3, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Look at Mia's post in this thread 428.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Right, that's what I used. When I log into my AMEX account and click on it, I get "our systems are not responding"
Old May 6, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Right, that's what I used. When I log into my AMEX account and click on it, I get "our systems are not responding"
Here's a link that comes up from a google search:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580
Old May 6, 2014, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... When I log into my AMEX account...
Don't log in. RIGHT click on the link and open it in a private or incognito browser window. Don't identify yourself as an existing cardholder during the application process, just complete the application as if you were newly arrived on the planet.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:50 pm

Thanks. Wish I thought of that before. It's past 5/2 now, and now I'm worried that if I apply I won't get the 50k bonus because I had a regular platinum card about 2 years ago.
Old May 16, 2014, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by acinchus
Thanks mia, that helps think through this. Will be doing the app sometime within the next 20 days, will report back results.
Data point: I was approved for the MB Platinum card (personal) on 4/25, while it was still 11 months when I last had and cancelled another Platinum card (business). Rep confirmed the bonus offer. I have met the spend and should see the bonus post when the statement cycles.

Thanks mia for guidance on the 12 month clock being likely separate between personal and business platinum cards.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Does anyone know if these cards can be used to pay MBFS (Mercedes Financial Services) on an existing loan? I financed the car last year and put the max allowed but the dealer for credit cards ($6k) down on my SPG Amex at the dealer, financing the rest.

I'd definitely be willing to get this card for 5X on the remaining balance, and it would I think make up for the .25% off my rate I get for auto-debiting my bank...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Smile

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Does anyone know if these cards can be used to pay MBFS (Mercedes Financial Services) on an existing loan? I financed the car last year and put the max allowed but the dealer for credit cards ($6k) down on my SPG Amex at the dealer, financing the rest.

I'd definitely be willing to get this card for 5X on the remaining balance, and it would I think make up for the .25% off my rate I get for auto-debiting my bank...
i know you cant utilise to make lease payments, you may be able to walk into a dealership, and buy a car on the card and earn 5 points per $, not sure about finance, i'm sure Mia wld know
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i know you cant utilise to make lease payments, you may be able to walk into a dealership, and buy a car on the card and earn 5 points per $, not sure about finance, i'm sure Mia wld know
To follow up on my own question, the answer is NO.

From the T&C:

You will earn: 4 additional points (for a total of 5 points) on eligible purchases at authorized participating Mercedes-Benz dealerships, excluding monthly loan and lease payments (other restrictions at individual dealerships may apply) and 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
So it sounds like down payments at dealerships qualify, but loan payments thereafter do not.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:44 pm

To follow up on my own question, the answer is NO.

From the T&C:

So it sounds like down payments at dealerships qualify, but loan payments thereafter do not.
i wonder if you purchase a vehicle on the card if you get the 4 X bonus?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i wonder if you purchase a vehicle on the card if you get the 4 X bonus?
You'd have to find a dealership that would allow it, but it sounds like that's the case.

If you value MR points at ~2c, that's basically a ~10% rebate on the price of the car ... pretty substantial.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: A few
You'd have to find a dealership that would allow it, but it sounds like that's the case.

If you value MR points at ~2c, that's basically a ~10% rebate on the price of the car ... pretty substantial.
Agreed but most dealerships have a cap on what they allow on a credit card.. usually in the $5k range
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Agreed but most dealerships have a cap on what they allow on a credit card.. usually in the $5k range
i'm with a large dealer in the NYC metro area, and now that you mention it, i have seen signs in the service dept referring to 2.5K max for credit cards, even if 5K at some dealers, it's probably negotiable, but at the end of the day they will take into account their processing fees as a cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.