Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold [Ends 2015, then 50% Fast Track]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold [Ends 2015, then 50% Fast Track]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Another call and yet another clueless agent. She tried to put me on hold to talk to Concierge about it but accidentally (I hope...) disconnected me!

Is there a number other than the 1616 Plat. line on the offer letter to call in for this?

This is the first time in 10 years I'm having lousy CS experience with AMEX... The agents clearly don't have the up to date info in their systems.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:57 pm

I tried calling as well, similar result as you. They have no clue on what I was talking about, even when they asked their supervisor about it.

They did said it might be a marketing promo, and it might not be open to everyone. I hope this is not the case or else I will be very disappointed.

I am just wondering if the invite letter is a generic one or does it have a special code on it? It would be nice if someone can scan a picture of the letter.

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:08 am

just Called Amex Platinum (UK), guy knew of the offer but had to check with marketing as to eligibility.

Came back to say that its a 'hidden' offer, but the application form will be emailed to me today.

Thanks FTer's for highlighting this, so now I'll have an additional choice of OW lounges when I travel.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Hmm... Canadian CSRs have told me twice (by email) that this offer doesn't exist for Canadian Platinums (but that Canadian Cents do get Diamond membership).

Any Canadian Plats received this yet?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:55 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Hmm... Canadian CSRs have told me twice (by email) that this offer doesn't exist for Canadian Platinums (but that Canadian Cents do get Diamond membership).

Any Canadian Plats received this yet?
Yes. I received the offer in the mail last week.

[Moderator edit]

-Brian

Last edited by mia; Oct 2, 2011 at 9:46 am Reason: Remove commentary on specific moderator action.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion of the Canadian rollout of this international offer begins at post #25. Click here to begin reading at that point.

Last edited by mia; Oct 2, 2011 at 9:48 am
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Yes. I received the offer in the mail last week.

[Moderator edit]

-Brian
Thanks. Very strange. Good old YMMV. Will keep pestering them.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Thanks. Very strange. Good old YMMV. Will keep pestering them.
If you have any success please post!

Alternatively, can someone scan the offer and post a link to it?

If I can get OW lounge access, I would do at least a couple of HKG-SIN-HKGs a year on CX.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:14 am

Latest: they're saying they can't help me through the email messaging centre, and I should call them to discuss further.
Curioser and curioser.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
This is a really good deal.. OW Sapphire for nothing.. I had to fly 50k on AA this year to get that

Probably too many in the US to make this feasible, unfortunately for us!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Appears to be valid in the Netherlands as well, however they said it was only for a selected group of platinum members and they would get back to us within a few days.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:31 am

So I called them (Canadian Plat line) on the basis that I'm out of town and wanted to get the process moving as quickly as possible so I'd have the card sooner. They said the form was in a pack that had been sent to members by mail. If the form wasn't there when I got back home, "just call again and we'll send one out straight away."
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:24 am

Still nothing in my mail.

I called amex again to inquire about the CX Marco Polo Gold Membership, the CSR was clueless and was not willing to help.

I am just wondering, if it is possible if someone who has received their letter please kindly scan the form and share it with us.

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mattcng
Still nothing in my mail.

I called amex again to inquire about the CX Marco Polo Gold Membership, the CSR was clueless and was not willing to help.

I am just wondering, if it is possible if someone who has received their letter please kindly scan the form and share it with us.

Thanks
Can't help with that, but when I phoned up a while back for the offer, I found it was the Amex travel dept that knew about it, the general CSR only had a vague notion. Try ringing again and going for the travel dept.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Has anyone here actually purchased actual CX paid F/J tickets using their AMEX Platinum cards during the past 12 months?

I have purchased a few for family members (and they credited to their AA accounts instead of their CX accounts).

I suspect AMEX goes through their billing data to see who charged CX F/J tickets to their cards when deciding who gets the invitation. Airline ticket data tends to be shown o AMEX statements.

So I am guessing that is why I got the CX MPO Gold invite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.