Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Platinum & Additional Cardmembers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Platinum & Additional Cardmembers

I poked around here and elsewhere and couldn't find the answer to these questions:

If I sign up my wife as an additional cardmember on my AMEX Platinum, will she

1.) Be able to enroll in Priority Club Pass Select?

2.) Get a reimbursement on Global Entry application that she charges to her additional card (assuming I already have on my card)?

3.) Get a reimbursement for $200 in airline fees per calendar year (assuming I already have on my card)?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Derf
I poked around here and elsewhere and couldn't find the answer to these questions:

If I sign up my wife as an additional cardmember on my AMEX Platinum, will she

1.) Be able to enroll in Priority Club Pass Select?

2.) Get a reimbursement on Global Entry application that she charges to her additional card (assuming I already have on my card)?

3.) Get a reimbursement for $200 in airline fees per calendar year (assuming I already have on my card)?

Thanks for any help.
IIRC the answer is yes to 1 and 2, but no to 3.

The $200 in airline fees are per (primary) account, not per issued card.
The other benefits pertain to any and all supplemental cards you may have issued on your primary account.

Good cheap way to "purchase" the first 3 priority pass select cards for $58.33 each. ;-)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
I have 3 supp Platinum Card members on my account and the above poster is correct. Yes to # 1 and 2, but it's a total of $200 for the account, not per card.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Also to add, it cost the same to get 3 sup Plat cards as 1.($175) So if have children or others, get the most "bang for your buck" by taking out three.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Seems like adding an additional cardmember isn't a bad deal. Now for the next question:

Does AMEX ever give any bonus MR points for doing this? Referral bonus wouldn't work I assume.

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Seems like adding an additional cardmember isn't a bad deal. Now for the next question:

Does AMEX ever give any bonus MR points for doing this? Referral bonus wouldn't work I assume.

Thanks!
Sometimes there is a bonus for adding additional cardmembers. It seems to be infrequent and somewhat rare
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

Thanks!
As another poster mentioned, in the past I've gotten several offers to add additional cardholders ranging from 5000 to 10,000 MR points.

However, I haven't received an offer in quite sometime. I recently called in to inquire about incentives for adding cardholders. The basic synopsis that I got was that with all the recent incentives added to the card (Priority Plus, Global Entry, $200 airline credit, etc.) they were not currently needing incentives to encourage additional card member sign-ups.

YMMV...

Regards
Old Jul 13, 2011, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by S.Bling
IIRC the answer is yes to 1 and 2, but no to 3.

The $200 in airline fees are per (primary) account, not per issued card.
The other benefits pertain to any and all supplemental cards you may have issued on your primary account.

Good cheap way to "purchase" the first 3 priority pass select cards for $58.33 each. ;-)
Thank you for mentioning this. I failed to realize this. My reading comprehension is diminishing. I will have the additional cardholders sign up for these bennies.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:27 pm

note that only the primary cardholder can request to get the card via online, but additional cardmembers have to call in.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Originally Posted by scubadu
As another poster mentioned, in the past I've gotten several offers to add additional cardholders ranging from 5000 to 10,000 MR points.
[Moderator edit] 20000 membershipsrewards pts for adding two additional card holders.

curious did any one else receive this offer from American Express? actually i was promised 10000 twice for adding two people.

yet to received the points though as it take 8 weeks for points to show up after the first use of the additional card.

Last edited by mia; Jul 16, 2011 at 3:25 pm Reason: Combine two consecutive posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:11 pm

additional members and benefits

looks like a great value to me then if 1 & 2 are included with each additional card.

3 cards for another $175.

3 more priority pass select members, and 3 more global entry refunds. no brainer.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, DL GM, SPG Gold
Do additional platinum card holders have airline lounge access (if they are not travelling with the primary cardholder?)
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Yes. Supp card holders can enter a lounge without the primary cardholder. Supp cards have pretty much the exact same benefits as the primary card and can be used without the primary card holder being present.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Can each additional cardholder have their own Membership Rewards account? Or do the points all post to the primary cardholders MR account?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.