Wiki Posts
Search

UK CENTURION - refused US FHR offers for first time

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold
UK CENTURION - refused US FHR offers for first time

I am a U.K. Centurion cardholder and have may times in the past had centurion travel use US FHR codes for 3 nights for 2 etc at various destinations.

This morning this was refused as FHR is market specific. Is this true? Were they wrong in the past to allow me to do so? Has it changed?

Thnks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I don't think it is, at least not in my experience. I've stayed around the world in FHR properties and never had problems. FHR deals I believe are global no matter where you are because effectively its paid for in local rate anyway and the deal is any Amex Plat/Cent card (though Cent should get extra benefits).

The only exception is regional bonus offers. E.g. free night at Fairmont promotion or free night at Mandarin promotion. But these are seperate to FHR per se as they are regional card specific offers.

So long as CTS made the reservation and booked under the FHR code you should get the FHR benefits. CTS is 24hrs and free to call from wherever so why don't you call and ask - presumably it was specified on your Amex itinerary?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold
I've talked to CTS. They tell me and I quote (when I gave them the FHR code for the particular offer - not a freebie Mandarin type night, just normal FHR 3 for 2)

"In regard to the code you listed below...that will not work on our UK system. The offers that are applicable are already loaded in. By entering the rate qualifiers into the GDS reservations system we use, which are AMX for American Express and FHR for Fine Hotel and Resorts....if there is an applicable complimentary night offer valid for the dates requested, it will quote it for me. The offers will often then display a code similar to the one you listed below, but it is already loaded in, there is no way of us entering an offer code."

I am not convinced - it never used to be this way - so yet another benefit erosion.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jsincla
... GDS reservations system....
Perhaps the agent must process the transaction by calling the property to make/change the booking, and this particular agent does not know how (or is not authorized) to do that.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I wonder is it possible to call the FHR line in another country? I think I did that many years ago, but is that blocked these days?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by stimpy
I wonder is it possible to call the FHR line in another country? I think I did that many years ago, but is that blocked these days?
Unfortunately calling the FHR line for another country won't work. They don't have access to your account information.

When I was trying to redeem USA Centurion FHR offers with my UK based Centurion, the agent would have to call the property and have the hotel set up the reservation vs. the Amex agent booking it.

It usually took some work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.