Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 11, 11, 11:37 am   #1

Programs: DL PM, HH DM
Can I merge two of my Amex MR accounts? [Corporate & Personal]

For several years now I've had an American Express Corporate Gold card and had a Membership Rewards account associated with that account. Just this week I received my first Amex Platinum card. When I log in to view my MR account, I see two separate accounts...one for my corporate card and one for my platinum card. Before I can view the details or shop I need to select which MR account I want to view.

Is there a way I can merge these two accounts together so that points I earn on both cards accumulate into one MR account?
richardamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 11, 11:51 am   #2
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Diners Club

Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; HH & SPG Gold
Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?
mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 11, 12:42 pm   #3

Programs: DL PM, HH DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?
Yes, I have been paying a $75/year fee for the corporate card.
richardamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 11, 8:17 pm   #4
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 11, 6:34 am   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)
Often1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 11, 9:17 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.
Same here. In my one membership rewards account I have two personal cards, a business card and a corporate card. Merging them was a non-issue.
TommyC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 11, 10:30 am   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)
Is this done via phone? I have points on my Corporate Platinum Amex and I would like to combine the points I accumulated from my Amex Zync card. I read that maybe the Zync points aren't compatible with the other card points.
jimikim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 11, 3:41 pm   #8

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
Yes for a fee

Yes, you can merge corporate MR with personal MR. Only catch is you will end up paying another $75 for merging personal MR with corporate MR. So, essentially you would end up paying $150 per year ($75 for corporate MR + $75 for linking personal MR with corporate MR OR the other way round).

I ran into this situation a month ago. I called personal MR service line and ranted about it twice in two different calls and said it doesn't make sense to pay an additional $75 when I am already paying a personal card annual fee.
They gave me a $50 statement credit. So, I ended up paying $25 for linking my corporate MR with personal MR.
gates1580 is offline   Reply With Quote