Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
USA-issued American Express Platinum and Centurion cards accounts are eligible to have the $100 application fee for the Global Entry program reimbursed. Each eligible card can receive one $100 credit every five years. Additional cards are eligible for the credit if the additional user's application fee is charged to the additional card. Read more about the benefit here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel (scroll down)

Please use this thread only to discuss the American Express reimbursement benefit. Primary Flyertalk discussion forum is Travel Safety & Security

Here is a link to an active thread:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Print Wikipost

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Just checked the T&Cs, and apparently this is for Platinum too. Mia, you might want to change the thread title to reflect this.

Also, additional cards are eligible.
I just checked Platinum website and cannot see it as of now.

PS: I had a feeling that I needed to subscribe to this thread
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:14 am

Good system.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Terms & Conditions Global Entry is a U.S. government program. American Express has no control over the application and/or approval process, and does not have access to any information provided to the government by the Consumer and Business Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card member.

American Express has no liability regarding the Global Entry Program. If you need more information regarding the application and/or approval process, as well as the full terms and conditions of this program, please go to www.globalentry.gov.

The benefit is available to Consumer and Business Platinum Card® and Centurion® members only. To receive a $100 statement credit, Card member must complete the Global Entry application and pay for the fee with a valid Consumer and Business Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card. If an Account has Additional Cards, the Cards are eligible for $100 per Card. If approved, membership into the Global Entry program is valid for 5 years without additional charges and subject to the program’s terms and conditions. The $100 application fee must be paid regardless of a decision by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and is required to process the application. Membership is per person, and a separate application must be completed for each individual. Individuals under 14 years of age are not eligible for this program.

Please allow 6-8 weeks after the qualifying Global Entry transaction is charged to your Card account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account. Card members can call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 8 weeks from the date of purchase. Card members are responsible for payment of all charges until the statement credit(s) posts to the account. To be eligible for this benefit, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Terms & Conditions <snip>...
I don't doubt this, but I can't see it on the consumer plat site - would you post a link, please?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mreed911
I don't doubt this, but I can't see it on the consumer plat site - would you post a link, please?
The link from where I got this is on the Centurion site (requires login). If you login as a Centurion, you can see it under "all benefits"/air.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
why do i foresee myself in the future having to call AMEX or sending them a secure e-mail message just so they can credit the Global Entry application fee....
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mistik321
I too was worried about GE approval, as I have traveled to what some MAY consider "dodgy countries" (Kosovo, Moldova, Georgia, Bahrain, Oman, Colombia...).
The agent did ask why I travel to these type of countries, and as a solo female at that.
However, I was approved right after the interview; I was shown the kiosk and how to use it.
GE does help with immigration lines but whenever I have checked luggage (which I rarely do), I still have to wait at the luggage carousel, priority tags notwithstanding.
I wonder how well I'll fare with having visas/stamps for Egypt, Turkey, and Pakistan in my passport, AND the fact that I'm brown ;-)

Will post an update after I have my interview
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brosnan6
I wonder how well I'll fare with having visas/stamps for Egypt, Turkey, and Pakistan in my passport, AND the fact that I'm brown ;-)

Will post an update after I have my interview
I don't think Turkey should be an issue. I have that one (from around a week and a half ago). They are a good ally of the US.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I don't think Turkey should be an issue. I have that one (from around a week and a half ago). They are a good ally of the US.
For most I don't think it would be a problem, but the fact that I'm brown typically presents an issue when re-entering the states. Customs officers love to grill me on all my travel activity, including trips taken 6+ years ago
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by brosnan6
For most I don't think it would be a problem, but the fact that I'm brown typically presents an issue when re-entering the states. Customs officers love to grill me on all my travel activity, including trips taken 6+ years ago
That would make you a perfect candidate for someone that would most benefit from GE, assuming you get approved.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Prem;DELTA gold;AMEX Cent;AC P;SPG gold;AVIS PC;Hertz gold,Fairmont Plat,HH Diamond,R&C 5C
Originally Posted by texas281
I have global entry - it is prob. one of the biggest perks of being a US citizen and flying back home. I end up waiting for my bags @ the baggage carousel though - even with the elite tags on the bag. :-/
ACTUALLY CDN citizens can also get it, it is now included with the NEXUS PROGRAM
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I was approved even after having visited many countries the US isn't too keen on so it seems pretty difficult to get a rejection.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
I got mine a few years ago. It is absolutely great if it does not get too popular. I am quite sure that Profiling is a part of the selection process as well as with background check. etc.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chewy3
I was approved even after having visited many countries the US isn't too keen on so it seems pretty difficult to get a rejection.
OK, it must be some other reason they rejected me. Or it could have simply been a bureaucratical error. Maybe I'll try again since it's free now, thanks to Amex.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, it must be some other reason they rejected me. Or it could have simply been a bureaucratical error. Maybe I'll try again since it's free now, thanks to Amex.
Did you ask why you got rejected? They don't necessarily have to tell you why, but there have been reports that they will in some cases. I think it would be wise to find out the reason your first application was rejected, and if it's something simple that can be fixed, or a mistake, then you can take care of it, rather than simply going through the process again blindly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.